Why Luckymodel/Kinetic?

Re-reading this, can I just confirm something, Raymond?

You are expecting a re-stock of *some* MiG-31 kits this week; about 10% of the required amount. AMK are making a second production batch, which will cover the shortfall of kits. And then after all your backorders have been filled, you will be removing all AMK kits from your catalog?

In other words, the 90% of the remaining customers who don't get a kit this week will still get their orders filled when the second batch come in, right?

And also, will you be including the 'extra' Su-33 in all the orders that went to 'PENDING', including the ones that ship from this week's re-stock, or will it only be included in the orders that have to wait for AMK's next production run?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse; I'm just trying to figure out when I can expect my stuff, and whether I should order elsewhere instead.

Re-reading this, can I just confirm something, Raymond?

You are expecting a re-stock of *some* MiG-31 kits this week; about 10% of the required amount. AMK are making a second production batch, which will cover the shortfall of kits. And then after all your backorders have been filled, you will be removing all AMK kits from your catalog?

In other words, the 90% of the remaining customers who don't get a kit this week will still get their orders filled when the second batch come in, right?

And also, will you be including the 'extra' Su-33 in all the orders that went to 'PENDING', including the ones that ship from this week's re-stock, or will it only be included in the orders that have to wait for AMK's next production run?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse; I'm just trying to figure out when I can expect my stuff, and whether I should order elsewhere instead.

No. We will obtain the backorder qty up to current qty (around 100 pcs), we will fill it. If you want to cancel it for refund, we can do it right away. Since we stop taking order now, no further backorder possible. Therefore, after filling 100 pcs+ from the local distributor, we will not handle AMK anymore. I am sure you will found other retailers taking care this.

For those who entitled the free SU-33, it will be shipped together when MIG-31 ready to save some shipping. Is that clear ?

just beware that a total new engineering level starting from SU-33, following by F/A-18C and ...

The engineering level achieved with Su-33 wasn't done by Kinetic... Also Raymond please, it is written Su-33 not SU-33. (which is what you have called it every time :P)

/brokenrecord.

The engineering level achieved with Su-33 wasn't done by Kinetic... Also Raymond please, it is written Su-33 not SU-33. (which is what you have called it every time :P/>)

/brokenrecord.

Berkut, do you feel bad we take over the Su-33 ? In fact, the engineering level is not unique, it just depends on the budget. We will use the same tooling method on Su-33 on all coming new kit from Kinetic.

No i don't. In the option between the kit never ever seeing the light and released by a third party so that I and many others can enjoy it, i will take third party option every single time.

It is just that the kit wasn't developed or engineered by Kinetic, and whether engineering itself is unique or not, it is certainly unique vs previous Kinetic kits. Which is not necessarily a bad thing really, not every kit can or needs to be on the Aviation Art Su-33/GWH MiG-29/AMK MiG-31 level. But it is good to hear that Kinetic is continuously updating (their own) developing and tooling engineering. :thumbsup:

Hi Mingwin,

Thank for your support. Don't worry, we have many other items make sure we will serve you in 2016... Let say SU-33 on monday!

I have two Su-33 already ordered! (so, it was in my 2015 modeling budget! ) ...i was in no way, anyway, saying i was to avoid doing business with you... just that it will be less convenient for me...

Lucky Model is still the web store where I buy almost everything I need, except when I need paint or glue, which I get through Sprue Brothers or locally.

I know I have to wail a lot longer to receive what I order from them, but I have enough kits to keep me busy during the wait. So for me price outweighs waiting time and in most cases, LM prices are hard to beat.

With the AMK Mig-31 was a little different, I would have loved to see it before I go for vacation right before Christmas and this is because all the great comments and reviews about the kit in many model forums. When the status of the kit changed from reserved to pending, I was surprised and puzzled, but again it was not the end of the world, I just need to wait a little longer.

Although I am not sure I am included in the list for a free Su-33 (I had one already preordered), I really appreciate what Raymond is doing to compensate the situation. I don't remember any other company doing this before, but I might be wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

Juan

The wordlwide postal services has increased around 40% since 2014 Jan. We have no way but to follow. But we have now finding a new postal services for Europe region. We have implemented for UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Hungary. Now wait to see if Croatia will be covered soon.

You are still better for me in Canada.

I can afford shipping from Europe and Asia, it is the US Postal rates that kill me. The distance is much shorter but I get killed on shipping USA to Canada. Oddly I can ship the same package the opposite direction for much less. There was a time tha wasn't true.

No i don't. In the option between the kit never ever seeing the light and released by a third party so that I and many others can enjoy it, i will take third party option every single time.

It is just that the kit wasn't developed or engineered by Kinetic, and whether engineering itself is unique or not, it is certainly unique vs previous Kinetic kits. Which is not necessarily a bad thing really, not every kit can or needs to be on the Aviation Art Su-33/GWH MiG-29/AMK MiG-31 level. But it is good to hear that Kinetic is continuously updating (their own) developing and tooling engineering. :thumbsup:/>/>

Berkut,

I can give a little more inside detail. AA is actually a wholesales client of LM in China, I was invited to refer those resources to tool the item. For me, we have the resources to tool the quality of it 5 years ago. The reason why we don't do it purely base on the a business planning. We have made some suggestion and advise on the business process in building up the Su-33 at that time. This explain why we have the connection to bring out the Su-33 at the end.

Mig-31 is a carefully planned kit. With all kinds of details you are looking for. All of them have one common design concept - stand out the kit from others and let the consumer like/aware the brand.

For the enginerrning point of view, the Su-33, Mig-29 has different kinds of "hardware" technology to Mig-31. One major thing you can notice is the use of 5-axis CNC system. This type of system is common in Japan, Korea, Taiwan maker. but not in China. Well, what make the difference ? You can check the panel line width along curve surface on the body (nose, engine intake) whether the line width are uniform. We have been investigated the detail for years. But we cannot stop release new item just to research the technology behind.

We don't own any tool shop, production, but we do own our packing facilities, storage. Logistics used to be our edge from the beginning. We now managed over 80+ items and over 300 tooling assets. Not owning the tooling resources mean we have the choice to select subcontractors for different projects.

Originally starting from F/A-18C, you will see the difference. Now, you see it a little bit earlier with the Su-33 release. But Just want to emphasis the Su-33 is not the only kit that we use this kind of "quality" from now on.

Taking the WWII tank battle as example, we do make M4 Sherman in the beginning. While some other brand make the Tiger I, King Tiger. Which the "tank" itself more superior. But we also put resources in the "transport" to deliver the M4 Sherman to the battle field (logistics). Now we have enough M4 Sherman to supply the battle field, we start to make "M1A1" now.

Edited by Raymond Chung

That's why I stopped using Lucky Model - Raymond passing on fees to customers that LM is supposed to pay. I thought that was a breech of contract with Paypal., but must not be since he's done that from day one. No animosity ... I happily have other sources.

Gene K

Hi Gene K,

I understand from your point of view. But we offer credit card payment services, not only PayPal. For direct credit card services, we pay the fees. For PP, why we need to do this ? Since the PP has a deep charges on the cross-boarder exchange rate which make more than 10% difference. We already bear half of it, please understand.

The difference happens seriously outside US region. If that 4% is really blocker for you, we will investigate the potential sales lost vs the exchange rate loss on worldwide to see if justify the customize the fees charges. Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

Edited by Raymond Chung

Anyone using PayPal who us worried about the fees better take a look at the pathetic exchange rate they give.

The Australian ACCC made Ebay offer direct credit card as a payment option because PayPal has been charging fees AND ripping people off on exchange rates.

You want to use PayPal go right ahead but don't complain that the fees are a rip off.

The big rip off is the exchange rate they give.

Normally 5-7% less than a direct credit card rate plays they then fee you.

Use PayPal at your own cost.

Hi Gene K,

I understand from your point of view. But we offer credit card payment services, not only PayPal. For direct credit card services, we pay the fees. For PP, why we need to do this ? Since the PP has a deep charges on the cross-boarder exchange rate which make more than 10% difference. We already bear half of it, please understand.

The difference happens seriously outside US region. If that 4% is really blocker for you, we will investigate the potential sales lost vs the exchange rate loss on worldwide to see if justify the customize the fees charges. Anyway, thank you for your feedback.

As I already thanked Raymond for stepping up and handling this matter in best possible way, I will just add that I made new order from LM yesterday,it is the best way to show appreciation regarding customer care they have!

Thanks one more time

Petar

That's why I stopped using Lucky Model - Raymond passing on fees to customers that LM is supposed to pay. I thought that was a breech of contract with Paypal., but must not be since he's done that from day one. No animosity ... I happily have other sources.

Gene K

Passing on a paypal fees (and Credit card fees) is quite common. At least one other online shop I use does it. Others seem to have higher exchange rates than those published online. At LM are up front about it (as is the other shop)

When sell online I generally get people to do a bank despot, because it's free for both parties. If people insist on using paypal then I tell them it's a bit extra to cover the fee.

I don't think the seller should cover the costs when there are other cheaper options around.

You want to use PayPal go right ahead but don't complain that the fees are a rip off.

Thanks for your usual sage "advice". :rolleyes:/> Right after I posted, I realized (DUH) that this kind of chastisement could happen .. and not wanting an exchange like this one, I (almost) immediately deleted my post ... but obviously not fast enough.

And yes, the Paypal User agreement allows a business to pass the Paypal fees to the recipient if the business gives notice up front (which Raymond does).

At any rate, I shouldn't have made my deleted post, so apologize and move on.

Gene K

Raymond, are you planning to do any more Russian aircraft?

You want more ? What item you like ?

just beware that a total new engineering level starting from SU-33, following by F/A-18C and ...

I think that a full family of Su-27 (including Su-30, Su-35, Su-34) with the same level of quality of your Su-33 would be a best seller.

I also think that you'd be a god for all french planes lovers if you decide to mak a Mirage F-1 series (F-1C/C200/B/CR/CT) with the same level of quality and acuracy as your Su-33 or AMK's Mig-31. Many people are not satisfied at all with KittyHawk's Mirage F-1 offer (too much apporximation or inacuracy for a modern kit).

By the way, if I could ask you a question Raymond (just being curious), why is there no helicopter in Kinetic's product range ?

Sorry everyone for my digression in the thread. I hope that you won't mind too much. :blush:

Edited by Silmariand

As I already thanked Raymond for stepping up and handling this matter in best possible way, I will just add that I made new order from LM yesterday,it is the best way to show appreciation regarding customer care they have!

Thanks one more time

Petar

Same thing here, every time I had an issue Raymond and his team did a good job sorting it out and I'm about to place a new order.

The only thing I'd change is not to list items for which availability is dubious (eg Dragon items). This only hurts LM's reputation: I'd rather know it's not available at all than think it is and then find out months later that it will never happen.

Arnaud

I think that a full family of Su-27 (including Su-30, Su-35, Su-34) with the same level of quality of your Su-33 would be a best seller.

I also think that you'd be a god for all french planes lovers if you decide to mak a Mirage F-1 series (F-1C/C200/B/CR/CT) with the same level of quality and acuracy as your Su-33 or AMK's Mig-31. Many people are not satisfied at all with KittyHawk's Mirage F-1 offer (too much apporximation or inacuracy for a modern kit).

By the way, if I could ask you a question Raymond (just being curious), why is there no helicopter in Kinetic's product range ?

Sorry everyone for my digression in the thread. I hope that you won't mind too much. :blush:/>

Dear Silmariand,

thank you for your feedback. We will consider your feedback in detail. We have already planned all the new subject development up to 2018. Some of your request maybe answered.

For the helicopter, a good question why we don't carry any helicopter ? The answer is simple, we have some better subject than helicopter. With limited CAD people time, we better focus on more long term item which benefit the constant sales.

I have a few Kinetic kits. I have two Trackers, a T-45, a E-2C and a C-2A. I generally like the kits however I was really disappointed in the Trackers. Incorrect lengths, incorrect and poorly detailed engine nacelles, inconsistent panel lines and missing/soft details. While I can live with most of the errors it really bugs me with the engine nacelles. I wish Kinetic would consider reworking the nacelles.

I have a few Kinetic kits. I have two Trackers, a T-45, a E-2C and a C-2A. I generally like the kits however I was really disappointed in the Trackers. Incorrect lengths, incorrect and poorly detailed engine nacelles, inconsistent panel lines and missing/soft details. While I can live with most of the errors it really bugs me with the engine nacelles. I wish Kinetic would consider reworking the nacelles.

I am sorry we fail to you on the S-2F, the founder of Kinetic follow up this project at that time. S-2E was the last projects "so called manage" by him. I am sorry for the case, but I have put extensive effort in restoring the damage for what he done. F-16, E-2C, S-2F, Mirage 2000D are Kinetic 1.0 era. T-45, C-2A, F-5A, Alpha Jet are 2.0. The Mirage IIIE, Sea Harrier are 2.5, The AMX, F-16XL, FRS1, SuE are 3.0

Now, we are going to release 5.0 product.