AMK AvantGarde 1/48 L-29 Delfin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's a superb build, but I must say to me it doesn't really advertise the kit - more the possibilities of what can be achieved with a bunch of aftermarket! It's disheartening to see kit parts needing to be replaced.

It's a superb build, but I must say to me it doesn't really advertise the kit - more the possibilities of what can be achieved with a bunch of aftermarket! It's disheartening to see kit parts needing to be replaced.

Hi K5,

Daniel has built our kits straight from the box too.

Unlike some other manufacturers who send out review samples etc, we don’t mind that he uses aftermarket decals or pitot tubes and we don’t insist that he builds OOB. In fact, it is all about choice isn’t it?

As a manufacturer I love to see the best possible model made from our kits and if this means someone enjoys the kit even more by buying extras then that’s just fine.

We will always make the best possible kits that we can but nothing is ever perfection (despite our best efforts).

There are lots of aftermarket decal companies and we would be very silly if we didn’t want to see everything, each possibility made. It surely would be very boring to see Delfins with only our own decals.

Modelling is such a subjective subject. :thumbsup:/>

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Looks like you're really having fun with the weathering...I have to ask tho why weather the model before decals? Makes them stand out from the whole, perhaps that is the point? Just curious :D/>

Weathering with oils is done after decals only wear and tear is done before. The oils create the filter / fading and balance the effects out.