CD48106 - Shenyang J-15 (Su-33)

CD48106 will be a 1/48 sheet dedicated to Shenyang J-15, the Chinese version of the Su-33 carrier-based multirole aircraft. Test and operational markings both, Cartograf printed. It will be designed for the Kinetic Su-33 kit.

Edited by KursadA

Hmm interesting :thumbsup:/>/> . So I guess I should get my yellow paint ready to do that test scheme with the photo reference tags? Hmmm, now I am torn, I do love operational schemes but maybe in this case...

The sheet will have 2-3 test options with the photo reference marks, as well as markings for the first operational squadron. I am mostly done with the design, but will have to wait until my kit arrives so I can confirm the sizing of a few markings.

Edited by KursadA

The sheet will have 2-3 test options with the photo reference marks, as well as markings for the first operational squadron. I am mostly done with the design, but will have to wait until my kit arrives so I can confirm the sizing of a few markings.

This sounds like another very interesting Caracal sheet that I will definitely order. Now I have to agree with the other poster, there is still a gaping need for F-15SG, especially if a 1/32 option is included.

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

I finished the JL-9 and sent it to be printed. I posted the final draft in that sheet's thread a couple weeks ago, here is it again:

cd48105draft.jpg

The J-15 is coming along nicely. The decal sheet included in the Dream Models conversion set looks OK, but has a few inaccuracies and separate printed whites. I think there will be interest for a Cartograf printed sheet, considering how inexpensive the conversion set is. I will post images when I am done, perhaps sometime next week.

I finished the JL-9 and sent it to be printed. I posted the final draft in that sheet's thread a couple weeks ago, here is it again:

cd48105draft.jpg

The J-15 is coming along nicely. The decal sheet included in the Dream Models conversion set looks OK, but has a few inaccuracies and separate printed whites. I think there will be interest for a Cartograf printed sheet, considering how inexpensive the conversion set is. I will post images when I am done, perhaps sometime next week.

Have to agree Kursad, I will be buying this sheet even though there are decals in the Dream Models conversion. I much prefer your high quality Cartograf printed options.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has gone to print last weekend, and will be part of the April batch. The draft below is missing a few last minute additions/minor fixes, but it should give you an idea about the final design before I update the thumbnail images in a day or so.

The sheet provides markings for 4 operational jets on board the Liaoning, plus 2 prototypes (552 and 554, although 555 is a possibility). The two prototypes chosen were the most visually interesting and the best documented - all of these aircraft had different photo calibration markings (discs) on them, and it is somewhat difficult to find photos for both sides of many of these aircraft. Dream Models chose the easy path of giving you a bunch of the same discs; Hasegawa got it mostly right for only some of the aircraft they did. I think you will find that mine are mostly accurate.

The markings for operational jets on the decal sheet that comes with the Dream Model set are significantly off, both shape and dimension wise. The operational markings and stencils on my sheet reflects the details seen on the latest photographs seen on the Chinese Internet.

There is a second, smaller sheet (not shown) which will have the black/white photo calibration markings for 552.

cd48106draft.jpg