Airliner Skydeck patent

Windspeed patents (pending) a new Skydeck design concept:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/aviation/windspeed-skydeck-seats-on-top-of-aircraft/?iid=ob_lockedrail_bottomlist&iref=obnetwork

What do you think? Not sure if I would pay a premium price for these seats. I bet the view would quickly get old/boring within the first hour. But, if it is a night flight with no moonlight.... Now that can be beautiful.

Edited by Janissary

Somewhat of a birdseye view.....looking up, that'll add another $100+ or more to a fare, maybe even a fare equal to a Concorde seat. It may be not as high and fast, but an ultralight or hang glider is cheaper, and minus the bubble.

No,no, no. They got it all wrong, the glass bubble needs to be on the belly of the plane so you can look down and actully feel like your flying. That I would pay extra for.

Excellent idea!

Remember how they replaced the ball turret on some B-17s with a radar and dome that protruded lower than said turret?

Imagine having seats that suspended you completely out of the a/c like said radar dome w00t.gif .

I am sure FAA and airliner manufacturers will be absolutely thrilled with the idea of futzing with the structural integrity of the pressure hull by adding a huge hole capped with a large plexiglas dome. I can see officials racing to be the one to sign the airworthiness certification paperwork!