Well, it better not be someone building in the Hole, while his buddy is watching for incoming.

I have this vision of a guy trying to get decals to stick on his model, while it is raining in Vietnam, or some such, and giving away the position to the enemy as he yells in frustration as he tries to figure out what Future was called in Vietnam in 1968.

3 hours ago, habu2 said:

Is a “hole built model” like building a ship in a bottle ???

He got his meaning across......now you explain to him in Danish the error he made....:doh:

oops, sorry,,,,,,,,I apologize

I didn't look at the poster's country

I'll be the first to admit that his English is better than my Danish.

(I hate it when I do that)

On 11/4/2018 at 4:09 PM, freshnewstart said:

Why not just buy a hole built model??

Did you all suddenly forget what modelling is about, like I DID THIS!!..

Jesper

You mean what modeling is all about TO YOU. It's not the same for everyone. While I may be one of the ones that enjoys trying to build and paint everything, and love going through a super detail build attempt, other don't find joy in that. Some like pre-painted snap tite kits while others like to scratch something from stock materials and everywhere in between. It's just a matter of taste. If a company can cater to those that want some of the tedious work done for them, then that's ok by me. Just the same as it is great when a company can come out with a helpful tool for those that want to scratch build cockpits. The hobby has a very wide range of what people want to get out of it. 

Some people like to do a paint by numbers kit while others want to look at a blank canvas and paint what they feel.

To each their own.

I agree with what Bill posted right above! 

-Gregg

I concur with Bill and Gregg that each has their own  style of how they want to utilise tools and paints etc that are available.

Some want to scrstchbuild whilst others don't.

Each to their own.

And tgere are a lot of super things out there that makes an ordinary build into an extraordinary.

Peter if AIRSCALE is truly a masterful modeler but also produces these as it's his business..he will be at TELFORD IPMS show if anyone is going  this Saturday..

Check this out...

Brass Panels with Decals
https://airscale.co.uk/store.php#!/Brass-Panels-with-Decals/c/16104112/offset=0&sort=normal

Decal Panels
https://airscale.co.uk/store.php#!/Decal-Panels/c/16104114/offset=0&sort=normal

No I don't work with Peter or for him and have no affiliation to his company but he does produce super detailed things... for all scales ..

Enjoy.

I would settle for premade cockpit plugs so you can just pop one in just before painting the aircraft, make them out of the same rubber that airbrush O-rings are made out of so they are solvent friendly.

There is lots of room in this hobby for everyone. Bottom line do what gives you enjoyment and entertainment in this hobby and who cares what others think or say. No one modelers way is better then anyone else's. It just make us different modelers and that's a good thing.

Regards and happy modeling,

Don