(SPOILERS) STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS

LOL...he can be a funny guy. Same with John Boyega (Finn). I've seen interviews with both and they can be pretty funny. The Harrison Ford interview with Conan O'Brien dropping the Lego Millennium Falcon gave me a chuckle too.

Good stuff!

:cheers:

Drove 1-1/2 hours to watch it in IMAX this weekend- WELL WORTH THE TRIP.

Noticed and appreciated a LOT more detail with IMAX; in the sets, middle-ground and background. The Millennium Falcon chase scene thru the Star Destroyer scrap yard was INCREDIBLE and may now be my favorite Star Wars action scene of all time. It even outdoes the ESB Asteroid Field sequence. I think it should earn a SPX award for that scene alone.

Got talking with my kids about Star Wars and Disney doing new them park attractions based on SW. A Full-Scale Millennium Falcon "exhibit" would be like printing money. I would wait in line hours to walk onboard that thing.

For those out there like myself who are voracious Star Wars readers, I cannot recommend enough the various books out there surrounding TFA movie. For example:

"The Art of Star Wars The Force Awakens" by Szostak

I got this the other day, its excellent. Shows far more ambition and risk than what was actually picked to use in the movie-- A lot of interesting designs. I have the other 6 art of books as well, and this is easily in the top. Does not feel like an afterthought which I thought it might be

Speaking of risk, the more "bold" movies are going to be the "spin offs" the regular star wars movies will likely be white bread dipped in vanilla

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Speaking of risk, the more "bold" movies are going to be the "spin offs" the regular star wars movies will likely be white bread dipped in vanilla

Along with them pushing the date to the right for another Christmas release there is simply too much money to be made not to play it safe/traditional. I like the idea of the spinoffs and think Rogue One might be what some of us have wanted to watch for awhile.

I got this the other day, its excellent. Shows far more ambition and risk than what was actually picked to use in the movie-- A lot of interesting designs. I have the other 6 art of books as well, and this is easily in the top. Does not feel like an afterthought which I thought it might be

Great TT, glad you like it (the art book)! I have every book surrounding TFA and Szostak's is my favorite non-novel (followed by Remillard's and Fry's). I agree that "Rogue One" is probably going to breathe much more NEW life into the SW Universe then TFA did. Even if Vader plays as prominent a role as is being speculated. I also think the young Han Solo movies will be a big hit with older SW fans. Hey, if the rumors are true of a Boba Fett/Bounty Hunters spin off I see them being potentially pretty big as well. Its an exciting time for SW fans for sure!

Cheers!

Don.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the novelization of TFA is more what was wanted in the film but time constraints didn't allow for it (apparently 50 minutes of actual taped movie footage was cut to shorten the films running time...the DVD is supposed to have these additional 50 minutes as an "extra"). There is a lot of details in the novel that help make TFA make more sense. Some scene's would have been interesting to see, like Chewbacca fighting Unkar Plutt at Maz Kanata's...but Chewbacca ripping Plutt's arm off was probably not something Disney wanted on the big screen release. The Snowspeeder chase would have been cool to see. Poe's escape from Jakku and his landspeeder fight would have added to the film. There is a lot in the novel missing in what we saw in the movie.

Edited by Don

Abrams has stated there will be no "directors cut" released of TFA.

Odd, others involved in the movie have said a "Special Addition" is "potentially" in the works (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I read it yesterday in a magazine waiting at the dentists office for my Sons check up. Perhaps things have changed since Abrams said so? Honestly who knows? But 50 minutes of ready to sell previously unseen movie would translate to a LOT...TONS...of hype (which has already started and something Disney excels at :) ) which leads to truckloads of money!

Time will tell I guess.

Cheers!

EDIT: Besides, it's Hollywood we're talking about...they change their minds quicker then ladies in a shoe store...LOL :D

Edited by Don

They'll add it in sure. But it'll be years from now. In a special Disney vault release blah blah blah.

Yep it's the Disney way. Let sales of everything TFA dwindle and then...BANG!! Limited time...limited edition (a.k.a until we stop selling them ;))...in a special First Order Stormtrooper helmet shaped tin...etc etc etc. It will reignite sales of the toys, books, models, shirts....

But like Toadwbg wrote, when they do release it sales will be off the charts! Hey I admit it, they'll get my money.

:cheers:!

An awesome VFX video on YouTube. Watch it quick before the Mouse takes it away...

Absolutely unbelievable what's achievable - and the attention to detail...

Edited by GEH737

Awesome vid! I'm sure it'll be among the "extras" on the DVD.

One thing that had me curious..maybe the novelization makes it a bit clearer: are all the wrecked Imperial ships and equipment on Jakku supposed to be the remains of a battle, or were they deliberately "beached" for scrapping like those ad-hoc ship scrapyards on the African coast?

SN

Awesome vid! I'm sure it'll be among the "extras" on the DVD.

One thing that had me curious..maybe the novelization makes it a bit clearer: are all the wrecked Imperial ships and equipment on Jakku supposed to be the remains of a battle, or were they deliberately "beached" for scrapping like those ad-hoc ship scrapyards on the African coast?

SN

Remains of a battle, a decisive one that caused a cease fire and treaty.

Yep the Empire laid what they thought was going to be a big trap for the Rebellion and lured them over Jakku. Turns out the Rebellion knew about it and a huge battle took place. The crashed Star Destroyer seen so much in the early part of the movie and teasers was crashed on purpose to avoid it falling into Rebel hands who had boarded it. The sands of Jakku shift regularly, exposing new wrecks all the time. This makes the scavenging a virtually never ending process as new wrecks become uncovered and old wrecks not yet picked clean became lost for a period of time. Rey taught herself to fly when she salvaged a working flight simulator data chip and hooked it up to a working monitor powered by a generator she made herself (her speeder is also homemade by herself). As an aside, the Rebel helmet she wears while eating her portion of food once belonged to Captain Dosmit Raeh of the Tierfon Yellow Aces.

Lots of modeling dioramas can be made from Jakku... :rolleyes:

Cheers!

Don.

Edited by Don

John Williams fans. Found this live version of the Imperial March done in 2014:

It's obvious he's pretty passionate about his Star Wars... ;)

Don.