1/144 RC-135 Builds

17 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

Watching with interest Don!  One could spend a lifetime just modeling all the different versions/eras of the C-135 family.

Chris

I'm starting to find that out Chris.   I'm becoming obsessed with building all these different versions of the recce types.   At first it was just one of each type but now it's different blocks of each type.   I have all these different Cobra Balls, and now Rivet Joint's and Combat Sents.    And of course all the different vanilla tankers/transports.   At some point, I need to say enough just so I can finish them!   LOL

BTW- Saw your email and I'll try to put together what I'm doing in 1/144 to represent the fuel dump area.

Don

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Spruemeister said:

Don, are these resin conversion parts yours or otherwise available?

Rick L.

They are mine Rick.   However, they are of such low quality that I'm hesitant to share them with anyone.   Pits in the surface from air bubbles that got trapped in the mold. 

• 7 months later...

No pics on update but I've started painting all four RC's.   Gloss black radomes and windshields.   Will need for the gloss to harden before I can mask off and paint the lower half of fuselages and wings.   Of course, the two Cobra Balls will have the top of the starboard wing painted flat black along with engines #3 & 4.

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 1 month later...

I'm backdating one of my 1/144 Roden RC-135 Rivet Joints to an earlier version with TF-33's and the earlier antenna suite.   These were the antennas with the large disc's at the bottom of the blade.   I'm planning on this being 4135.  The engines are from the Minicraft KC-135E kit.   I have a set of JT3D engines from the Roden 720B kit but they seem a little large.   I'm probably going to use them for the NC-135W (2666) that I've also started.

20231002_100250.jpg

20231002_100327.jpg

1978355138_20231002_100302(1).jpg

52 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Wow! Excellent kitbash there. You are the master of 1/144 -135s! 

My problem is finishing them.   Between all my 135's and 707 builds I probably have over two dozen half builts sitting on the shelves.  And only a single KC-135R finished.

Edited by Drifterdon
10 hours ago, Drifterdon said:

My problem is finishing them.   Between all my 135's and 707 builds I probably have over two dozen half builts sitting on the shelves.  And only a single KC-135R finished.

I feel your pain Brother Don, though not as many in 1/72 I only have the started RC-135 and an E-3A. My new house does not have the space for the larger builds so getting back into them has been a slow process with house updates getting in the way. I need to figure a way to display them.

4 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

I feel your pain Brother Don, though not as many in 1/72 I only have the started RC-135 and an E-3A. My new house does not have the space for the larger builds so getting back into them has been a slow process with house updates getting in the way. I need to figure a way to display them.

I've got the same display issues as well Brother Ray.   It's the main reason I went to 1/144 with my larger multi-engine kits.   I have a half dozen RC and KC-135's in the stash that I'm wondering what to do with them if I ever do get them built.   My 1/72 RC-135E is in the final stretch and I suppose I'll just hang it from the ceiling when it's done.   I could always donate it to the 45th Recon Squadron for their display.