1/144 RC-135 Builds

So I've gotten my mojo back for the past couple months and have made some progress on my fleet of RC-135's.   I uploaded a bunch of new pics into photobucket but now I'm not seeing any of my old pics on this thread.   May have to try and reimage them.   Anyway, here are a few updates as to what I've got going on.IMG_0921_zpsfliigmll.jpg

Latest on the RC-135W Rivet Joint.   Not sure which tail number but it will be an earlier version with TF-33 engines.

IMG_0916_zpstu7xpwes.jpg

RC-135U Combat Sent with modded wingtip sensors and completed sensor package under tail and nose.   This will have the rabbit ears antennas and have the Soviet Excellence badge on the nose.

IMG_0902_zpsgrliykds.jpg

This is RC-135S Cobra Ball '2662'.   I plan to build her as she was when I'd see her land at Eielson AFB in the mid '80's when I was stationed there.

IMG_0912_zpsrzh3c9db.jpg

This is Cobra Ball '2664'.   She was lost while trying to land on Shemya in '81 taking with her 6 lives.

I'll try to dust off some of the earlier threads and try and figure out why my pics aren't showing since I paid Photobucket their ransom.

14 minutes ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Thanks for the update Don, pity your pictures have the PB labelling straight through the middle, if you paid money I'd be getting it back!

I have tried to contact customer service but haven't heard back.   I'm really PO'ed about paying money and this is what I get!

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Brother Don, Wow! 

You are motivating the tar out of me! I am glad to see that the RC-135M side antenna worked out for you.

K/r,

Dutch 

Yah Dutch, I put them on Cobra Ball 2664.   Worked out pretty good.   Made me realize the ones I scratched and then cast up for my RC-135M and Cobra Ball 2662 are a tad big.   Have been having to sand down to a more realistic size.

Edited by Drifterdon

Wow! You've been busy!  I have a ton of other bench queens to finish before I tackle my/your/our Revell RC-135s, but maybe later this summer. Oh, BTW, give me some of that Mojo you've been drinking!

Edited by Dutch
2 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

And the annoying watermark is gone so I can see your work in all its glory!

Not for me, I still see it.  ☹️  A pox on BlottoPhuckit....

13 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Oh they are back again!

Figured out why we keep seeing this dang banner.   Seems my subscription is the beginner one that does not include image hosting.   To get that, I'd need to upgrade my subscription and pay almost double what I originally paid last month.   Not going to happen.

• 2 years later...

Kicking this old thread to top so I can resume my RC-135 updates.  Since I’ve got a couple of the Roden kits on the bench and one more on order, I’ve been able to get past my builders block.  

Edited by Drifterdon

Moving a couple pics from Dutch's RC-135 In-Progress thread.   This is the Roden RC-135 Rivet Joint kit in 1/144. 

I'm converting it to build a RC-135S Cobra Ball.   Seen in pic below.

image.png.919d7c79c22d5e9f3ad6c30131a9e950.png

image.thumb.png.37b51a20cdf1f1bf82d1598d083ebce8.png

image.thumb.png.264a24e893adff45d7254226d45abd4a.png

Hoping to have construction done in time Caracal has their 1/144 RC/EC-135 decal sheet ready.

I also have started work on what the kit is intended to be, an RC-135V Rivet Joint.   Nothing really to show yet.   My hope with this build is to see if I can fix the undersized hog nose that comes with the kit.   

More later.

Edited by Drifterdon

Built up the undersized hog nose that comes in the Roden Rivet Joint kit.   Pics to show what can be done.   Looks much better now.   Primer paint will help with some of the scratches as well as hide the sanding dust behind the clear windshield.

20220815_122058.thumb.jpg.856552901dbe58adbfb108556ea9090e.jpg

20220815_122103.thumb.jpg.a6ec06ad3232b4075701409e50ed0cef.jpg

20220815_122114.thumb.jpg.1f98d5b4454ba874206f4cd2a290edef.jpg

Edited by Drifterdon
1 hour ago, Vidar_710 said:

Hey Don,

Is there a link to Paul Fisher's products? I'd like a set of those engines for my kit as well. Other aftermarket products aren't quite cutting it for me.

Tracy

Tracy, There is a link on the first page of this thread, about half way down.  Unfortunately, Paul lost his house and shop to the bad fires they had in Northern California.   To my understanding he is not taking any orders at this time.  Don

• 1 month later...

Converting a third Roden RC-135 into the Combat Sent U model.   Kit nose removed and resin replacement added.   I have also added the sensor package found on the tail.   I'll add additional pics soon.

I have a fourth kit that just arrived from Ukraine that I will be using to build an earlier version of Cobra Ball before the latest block where they included the AEELS and the forrest of antennas on the undersides.

20220926_132638.jpg