OT ARC WEATHER UPDATES

I'm sure that a lot of us are under the gun today for very bad weather. Today my town is under a Torcon 8 for tornadoes today. We have the tornado out break of 2011 fresh in our memories when we had three come through Cullman,AL

If possible those that are in the path of the storms, please check in when possible to let your fellow friends, brother's and sisters of the modeling community that your OK.

And has always, take care of your family first, your neighbors and people around you first.

Edited by Vince Maddux

I live in the Cincinnati area and we just had some severe storms with tornados roll through between 6pm-1130pm.

This is some crazy mixed up weather we've got going on, all just 2 days before Christmas! What's up with that???

Don't get me wrong, I love severe storms and would love to go storm chasing out in tornado alley, but tonight had me a little nervous.

Thank goodness everyone is ok and all is quiet now, well except that I'm at work making soap! (but I'm getting paid triple time to do it though!) He He!!!😁

By the way, what is torcon 8?

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench

I live in the Cincinnati area and we just had some severe storms with tornados roll through between 6pm-1130pm.

This is some crazy mixed up weather we've got going on, all just 2 days before Christmas! What's up with that???

Don't get me wrong, I love severe storms and would love to go storm chasing out in tornado alley, but tonight had me a little nervous.

Thank goodness everyone is ok and all is quiet now, well except that I'm at work making soap! (but I'm getting paid triple time to do it though!) He He!!!😁

Tim

Torcon is a scale that they use that measures the chances of tornado. Higher the number to bigger the risk. It goes up to 10. So far I just had some strong wind gusts and some heavy rain, but I won't be in the clear till 4 am

TOR:CON is short for "tornado condition index", a measure developed by Dr. Greg Forbes, The Weather Channel's severe weather expert. It's a 0 - 10 scale estimating the probability of a tornado in a region. A TOR:CON of 8 means an 80% probability...

http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/amhq/news/tornado-torcon-index

Scary stuff. I never really worried about these, living in MA but a few years ago, one landed in the central part of the state. I saw a 300 yard wide swath of destruction through some woods. For approx three miles, nothing was standing. It was as if a crew went through and clear-cut a path.

The sheer power of that storm was awe-inspiring. Only by luck did it avoid touching down in a heavily populated area.

Hope the folks down south get through this.

Quite a night here in Dallas last night. We had an F-4 and F-3 touch down on the east side of the metroplex. Thankfully at our house it never got too bad since we're north of the city. Wife's family lives over by where the tornado was though. Everyone is ok but the sister's apartment was damaged apparently. Now they're talking about a wintry mix tonight for us.

We left Oshkosh, WI early this morning heading home to Michigan. Drove right into the teeth of the monster in Chicago. After two hours of white-knuckle driving through sleet and freezing rain at 30-40 mph, we decided to pack it in and get a motel. Felt a little silly to stop when we're mor than two-thirds of the way home, but better a live chicken than a dead duck! Temps are supposed to rise overnight, so hopefully the roads will be thawed by morning.

SN

We left Oshkosh, WI early this morning heading home to Michigan. Drove right into the teeth of the monster in Chicago. After two hours of white-knuckle driving through sleet and freezing rain at 30-40 mph, we decided to pack it in and get a motel. Felt a little silly to stop when we're mor than two-thirds of the way home, but better a live chicken than a dead duck! Temps are supposed to rise overnight, so hopefully the roads will be thawed by morning.

SN

I've seen similar weather and the result the next day was early "Black Ice" on the bridges, to me that is some of the scariest stuff to have to drive past....darn near impossible to see and about as predictable as movement of a ping pong ball in a wind tunnel.