1/48 Kinetic Model Su-33 In Box Review

OK what have they given to us???

- No pilot

OK, no pilot but apart from that, what have they given to us???

- counter rotating turbine blades

OK, counter rotating turbine blades but apart from that, what have they given to us???

- vague instruction sheet

OK, vague instruction sheet but apart from that, what have they given to us???

A GREAT KIT?

Best regards

Gabor

I received mine yesterday and it truly is a beautiful kit! I really can't wait to get started on it! Also does anyone know of any good cockpit photos at all? All I can find are shots of the instrument panel.

Does anyone know the correct color of the intake duct, nose gear and main gear struts, also the "secondary" pylons (not those directly attached to the wing underside but to the specific missiles)? I'm not sure if it's white or light gray or what?

Edited by flybywire

Does anyone know the correct color of the intake duct, nose gear and main gear struts, also the "secondary" pylons (not those directly attached to the wing underside but to the specific missiles)? I'm not sure if it's white or light gray or what?

All light grey, intake duct inner border camouflage light blue.

This is a nice walkaround of a clean airframe: Walkaround

There was also a nice walkaroud of a much weathered airframe by Nazarov but I could not find the link right now: here the detail of the intake color:

DSC07780.JPG

Merry XMas to all!

All light grey, intake duct inner border camouflage light blue.

This is a nice walkaround of a clean airframe: Walkaround

There was also a nice walkaroud of a much weathered airframe by Nazarov but I could not find the link right now: here the detail of the intake color:

DSC07780.JPG

Merry XMas to all!

Hi Andrea! Many thanks for your reply and the walkaround! I appreciate it! :)

Compared the Kinetic kit upper fuselage to Academy's yet? This is sumthin' me's dyin' to do when my kit arrives next week.

Comparing the two upper fuselages, the difference in lenght is really noticeable:

065.jpg

Rear fuselage are almost identical, Kinetic being just 1 or 2 millimeters wider (remember Academy kit is non unformly "stretched" having the correct width and the two other dimension underscaled):

066.jpg

067.jpg

Even considering the fuselages are aligned from back the Academy is slightly skinnier:

068.jpg

069.jpg

Bottom fuselages:

071.jpg

biggest difference in nose gear well dimension and position.

Comparing the two upper fuselages, the difference in lenght is really noticeable

Rear fuselage are almost identical, Kinetic being just 1 or 2 millimeters wider (remember Academy kit is non unformly "stretched" having the correct width and the two other dimension underscaled)

Even considering the fuselages are aligned from back the Academy is slightly skinnier:

Bottom fuselages

biggest difference in nose gear well dimension and position.

Andrea :worship: Thanks a helluva lot, my mate! This is real invaluable info to me, as I'm still adamant 'bout kitbashin' both kits in order to get the definitive Flanker B.

Thanks once again, A. :cheers:

Unc²

I'm still adamant 'bout kitbashin' both kits in order to get the definitive Flanker B.

I don't think is a viable way to kitbash a Su33 to obtain a vanilla Su27, too different airframes, you could just save the engine area: they have different wings, different landing gear, canards and IFR for the Su33, different nose, different IRST position.

Much easier to take some serious surgery to the Academy to correct the lenght (I saw the works you were looking a year ago, maybe I have also the pictures from the thread).

Much better to wait for the HB J-11 (even if it will cost surprisingly more then the Kinetic Su33) and correct the main gear wells installing the Aires resin at the correct angle.