1/48 Kinetic Model Su-33 In Box Review

I have problem - in my Su-33 is little error - on vertal fin (D8) is small isn´t good inject a part under base of tail - it´s here a squre 1x1mm hole. :/ it is a small error but is on bad place :( (But it´s look on first look as part of parts... but it is mistake :/

I have problem - in my Su-33 is little error - on vertal fin (D8) is small isn´t good inject a part under base of tail - it´s here a squre 1x1mm hole. :/ it is a small error but is on bad place sad.gif (But it´s look on first look as part of parts... but it is mistake :/

If you can't fix the short shot, you can ask for replacement part at info@kineticmodel.com

Hi Petarvu; Can you please tell me the part number for the pylons for the centreline and under the intakes.

Thanks;

Dave

Part no. for pylon under the intake is I2,it is not in instr.sheet (you get 4 of them). Centreline are molded into lower fuse.

One Eduard R-27 set is enough for 4 AKU-470 launchers you are missing and missiles of course..

Sorry for late reply

P

Edited by Petarvu

Which of the Eduard R-27 sets would be most appropriate to do the K Su-33 / HB J-11B "swap" to get a J-15 with all the pylons and to convert the J-11B to a Su-27?

My end goal ( using 2 each of the K & HB kits ):

Su-33 oob

J-15

J-11B oob

Su-27 ( early, late ??? )

TIA

Which of the Eduard R-27 sets would be most appropriate to do the K Su-33 / HB J-11B "swap" to get a J-15 with all the pylons and to convert the J-11B to a Su-27(early, late ???)?

The easiest thing would be to model a post-1990 Su-27 when the longer Alamos roughly became available (ER/ET variants). Unless I'm missing something, the Kinetic kit comes with 2 ER's and 2 ET's with appropriate pylons so you'd need to add two more ER's to have a fully armed Su-27 - so an Eduard R-27ER set seems the most appropriate. If you'd go with an 80's Flanker, you'd need both R and T sets.

Edited by ijozic

Converting a Su-33 into a J-15 is relatively easy - but into a Su-27/J-11 ??? :woot.gif:

You'd need a new wing, new fins, new undercarriage, new IRST/windscreen, new tailboom, remove IFR probe, remove canards, remove stabiliser fold, no tailhook, different grilles on intake sides.

I think that's all....... :bandhead2:

Ken

Converting a Su-33 into a J-15 is relatively easy - but into a Su-27/J-11 ??? w00t.gif

You'd need a new wing, new fins, new undercarriage, new IRST/windscreen, new tailboom, remove IFR probe, remove canards, remove stabiliser fold, no tailhook, different grilles on intake sides.

I think that's all....... BANGHEAD2.jpg

Ken

he was refering to ; doing a Su-27 from the HB J-11B kit! (not from the Kinetic Su-33!)

I get the simple swap of the missiles / pylons between the K Su-33 and the HB J-11B - but I thought that the Su-33 was short some pylons / rails based on some of the prior posts in this thread?

If that's the case, then the Ed "ER" set would solve that Su-33 issue and give a 90's Su-27 a full load, nicht wahr ?

For the J-15, I do have the DM J-15 set - new panel, and cheap. Has decals w/o stencils - but the Frontpenny 1:48 "Family of Finback" sheet ( or their J-10 sheet ) prob. has some Chinese stencils which should work when combined with parts of the Begemot Su-27 / Su-33 stencil sheet.

(I'm assuming that the Caracal sheet will not have any stencils ???)

Too many great choices this year - and too little time ! Thanks for the help.

Edited by falcon04

I get the simple swap of the missiles / pylons between the K Su-33 and the HB J-11B - but I thought that the Su-33 was short some pylons / rails based on some of the prior posts in this thread?

If that's the case, then the Ed "ER" set would solve that Su-33 issue and give a 90's Su-27 a full load, nicht wahr ?

For the J-15, I do have the DM J-15 set - new panel, and cheap. Has decals w/o stencils - but the Frontpenny 1:48 "Family of Finback" sheet ( or their J-10 sheet ) prob. has some Chinese stencils which should work when combined with parts of the Begemot Su-27 / Su-33 stencil sheet.

(I'm assuming that the Caracal sheet will not have any stencils ???)

Too many great choices this year - and too little time ! Thanks for the help.

Okay, for full load you will need more missiles, that is true. You can pick whichever you want... all of them can be carried by Su-27.

by the way, Kinetic people, as mentioned before you guys have to make a Russian weapons set or at least offer your missile sets as "aftermarkets"..!

073.jpg

Interesting. I just received my Su-33 kit today and my page P34 is missing the title banner and the Gunze color callouts. I found the color list on the box top side but now I wonder if other things didn't get printed in my instructions. Ah ha...I found the kit listed at Hobby Search and it includes scans of the entire instruction book so I can check.

Instruction issues aside..wow...what a kit! I'm particularly impressed with the exhaust nozzles. Can't wait to build this beauty.

Cheers,

Eric

Edited by Eric Larson
Okay, for full load you will need more missiles, that is true. You can pick whichever you want... all of them can be carried by Su-27.

It should be noted that the IR guided Alamo missiles (R-27T/ET) can only be launched from the inner wing stations and APU-470 pylons (which are launch rails, unlike the AKU-470 which are catapults used for the R/ER missiles) so only 2 would be carried by the regular Su-27 Flanker (more could be placed on the AKUs for transport purposes, but not launched from those pylons).

Edited by ijozic

For those entertaining the Su-33 to J-15 "conversion", here are links to Chinese sites with a series of pics aboard the Liaoning showing the recent in-service scheme, Chinese missiles and pylons, etc. The Dreammodel decal sheet covers these schemes - with this latest variation of the formation-lineup striping. Overall PLANAF light gray, ( Gunze 338 seems the match-du-jour )

J-15 aboard the Liaoning

J-15 no.2

Edited by falcon04

Great photos falcon04 - thanks for the link.

All photos duly saved (right click and 'View Image' to get them full size).

One small addition to notice if you're converting the Su-33 to J-15 - the latter now have small white 'antenna'(?) on top of the wing just back from the L/E slat root - you can pick them out in some of the photos.

Dunno what they are for yet...

Also - note the folded nose probe on the 8th photo in the first link - a feature of the Su-33/J-15 and not normally seen.

Happy (Sea) Flankering

Ken

"One small addition to notice if you're converting the Su-33 to J-15 - the latter now have small white 'antenna'(?) on top of the wing just back from the L/E slat root - you can pick them out in some of the photos.

Dunno what they are for yet..."

I would bet ACLS ( Automated Carrier Landing System ) antennae - similar ones are found on the Navy X-47B drones.

X-47B

Edited by falcon04