1/48 GWH MiG-29 9-12

Hi guys

Some pictures showing (slow) progress. I painted areas where Czech Air Force markings used to be. I used Tamiya's Light blue XF-23 with drop of flat Blue XF-8, and olive green XF-58 mixed with NATO black XF-69. Also, I painted anti-glare strip using NATO black. When it comes to number of camo colors, it is my personal best so far :)

DSC06425_1_zpsimulorq7.jpg

DSC06421_1_zpsdyxku5jg.jpg

DSC06410_1_zpssrqgdcti.jpg

DSC06407_1_zps6gv0mhav.jpg

Stunning work!

:smiley-whacky084:

I love the way this model starts to look like, but i would recommend overpainting the light green paint with something more green - look at the picture:

IMG_0001_zpsc45fb346.jpg

Cannot wait to see this build finished! Are you going to use the AA missiles provided in the kit?

Thanks guys!

@BOMI21

Yes, I have to agree with you, light green should be a tad darker...I do have this weird feeling that any attempts on re-painting would end up in disaster, so it will have to stay that way. As for the missiles - yes I will probably use them, but I have not decided on configuration yet. All I know is that polish birds can be armed with only two types at a time.

Now back to the build: I used salt technique to try to re-create excessive fading I've seen on some pictures.

DSC_3929_zpspk3pxh35.jpg

DSC06431_1_zps5exzzqou.jpg

DSC06427_1_zpsu9wszgss.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...