Hey, AM decal/figure producers

A few months ago I stumbled across a site for a trade show. A person would step inside a booth and be laser scanned and a 3D printed scale replica of that person would be produced. So buy a decal sheet of a F-22, A-10 or whatever in the markings of Capt. Joe Blow and get an accurate 1/48 replica of Capt. Joe Blow himself rather than a generic USAF pilot. Will Capt. Joe Blow want an exorberant compensation? Will a fighter pilot's ego forego the compensation? What about the logistics of getting the scanner and pilot together? How about other eras? Get a good re-enactor dressed in appropriate gear and have him scanned. Would this be more cost effective than getting a pilot figure sculpted?

I know AM decal manufacturers are just rolling in money so this should be no problem, right?

Rolling in money?????? A lot of us aftermarket decal folks do it for the love of the hobby,not to get rich.

That was sarcasm, sir. Pure sarcasm. I'm hoping to present an alternative to how things are done now while confessing to an ignorance to the monetary side of the business. The hard core rivet counters might see some merit in such a product.

Edited by silver1