48013 Heritage Vipers

48013 will come back from Cartograg early next month along with the 1/32 Viper sheet. This sheet in 1/48 features 10 F-16s with some sort of heritage artwork, whether the unit's anniversary, end of F-16 operations, or other celebration of the squadron's history. I tried to make it a mix of old school Vipers along with modern-day jets, all of which have never before been done in decal form.

Here are the profiles. I'll post more details and the artwork within the next couple weeks.

As always, they will be available directly at www.reidairpublishing.com

48013_SHG.jpg

SHG48013_Heritage%20Vipers.jpg

Thanks for doing this sheet. The CO bird is the last jet I launched and recovered before retiring. I sent the info for that bird to some other guys for a potential decal sheet but they ceased production. I know you have worked with them in the past and would be pleased if my info helped you out.

Thanks again for producing this sheet. Now I can build that model of the last day I actually worked for the ANG.

Kirk Taylor

Thanks for doing this sheet. The CO bird is the last jet I launched and recovered before retiring. I sent the info for that bird to some other guys for a potential decal sheet but they ceased production. I know you have worked with them in the past and would be pleased if my info helped you out.

Hi, Kirk. I've never seen any of your pics. Is there a way you could send them to me to make sure I get the artwork correct?

SHG48013 artwork. Walkways and some stencils are on another separate insert sheet. Due back from Cartograf in January. It will be available at www.reidairpublishing.com at that time.

48013_Heritage_Viper.jpg

48013 will come back from Cartograg early next month along with the 1/32 Viper sheet. This sheet in 1/48 features 10 F-16s with some sort of heritage artwork, whether the unit's anniversary, end of F-16 operations, or other celebration of the squadron's history. I tried to make it a mix of old school Vipers along with modern-day jets, all of which have never before been done in decal form.

Here are the profiles. I'll post more details and the artwork within the next couple weeks.

As always, they will be available directly at www.reidairpublishing.com

48013_SHG.jpg

SHG48013_Heritage%20Vipers.jpg

I know it's useless request but,

"Please Sir, may we have these in 72nd Scale for all us small scale modellers." 8-)

Cheers

Phil Hastie

Canberra, Australia

With regard to the red tailed Alabama jets. Does the sheet come with color suggestions for the red and advice on how to avoid the red showing through the white decal?

Thanks

The red will be on the instructions. With Cartograf, there is no worry about the color bleeding from beneath the white decal. It will be fine.

Jake,

F-16D 87-0379 is also named "City of Tuskegee" as per Oct 2015 - are 2 jets within the 100FS given the same name, or is there a time difference?

They switched tail panels to give 332 City of Tuskegee early last month.

Jake, I know this sheet is already full, but if it does good and you do another heritage sheet is there any chance you will do some of the jets from the 185th out of Sioux City. I would love to have the Bats emblem that fits the Tamiya kit. I'm sure you have plenty of references, but if not I can send you what I have from one of my visits out there. They had some great nose art as well.

Ron

Jake, I know this sheet is already full, but if it does good and you do another heritage sheet is there any chance you will do some of the jets from the 185th out of Sioux City. I would love to have the Bats emblem that fits the Tamiya kit. I'm sure you have plenty of references, but if not I can send you what I have from one of my visits out there. They had some great nose art as well.

Ron

I have walkarounds of three 185th jets, along with their nose art.

The Bats are certainly a possibility down the road. In fact, a probability. However, this sheet is only for the Anniversary and/or other specially-marked jets. It's also already at the printers so I can't make changes to it.

I do have quite a few refs on the bats, but more is always better. If you guys would be so kind to send what you have, I'd appreciate it!

The Bats are certainly a possibility down the road. In fact, a probability. However, this sheet is only for the Anniversary and/or other specially-marked jets. It's also already at the printers so I can't make changes to it.

I do have quite a few refs on the bats, but more is always better. If you guys would be so kind to send what you have, I'd appreciate it!

I'll have to dig out the photos and scan them! LOL

Yeah, after I posted this I thought it really didn't apply for the Heritage theme. I will gather up what I have and send it along to you when I get a chance. I've always liked the Bats.