1/48 Academy B-25B Mitchell

Joel, those engines look great! The whole build is looking awesome now that it's near the finish line. This is one to be really proud of.

F20D,

That's so much for those more then kind words. It's been a journey to remember, that's for sure.

Joel

It's looking awesome, Joel :D/> Really coming together now :)/>

Janne,

Thanks for stopping by and having a look. Glad you like how she's turning out. I'm finally in the home stretch, and can actually see the finish line. Of course A haven't even started on the base as yet. It's hard to start it when you haven't even bought it as yet.

Joel

Nice work Joel,

Forgive me if you've already stated it but what are you intending to use as the base, I assume carrier deck but ready made or diy?

Regards,

Kent,

Actually, I've been procrastinating about exactly what type of base. Eduard makes a outstanding WW11 wooden carrier deck base, but I'm having difficulty locating one here in the states, as ordering it from them will cost more then the base. I'm leaning towards a base with it's trim in gloss black, and the top a map of Japan sealed in Urethane.

Joel

Beautiful build! The engines look wonderful, and I'm incredibly impressed with the paint finish!

Slick95,

Thanks so much for stopping by, and appreciating my work today. The paint scheme and weathering really wasn't all that hard. I was just fortunate that it came out so well.

Joel

Not really much to say that hasn't already been said.

Absolutely stunning work Joel. I have bookmarked this for when I do mine.

Keep up the Great work

Simon

Simon,

Thank you for those most kind words. I truly appreciate every post that ARC members take the time to make, they do mean quite a lot to me.

Joel

Well the B-25B build is finally finished, at least the actual model is. I just got around to buying the base and test fitting the two together. Looks pretty darn good especially after more then 5 months on my workbench, but then again I'm kind of biased, so I'll leave that decision to all of you. I thought I'd present the Mitchell to you now, and once I finally finish the base (which ever one I decide on), I'll share a few pictures of that as well.

To those of you that have been with me for the full journey, thanks so much for staying the course, it's much appreciated.

BTW, for all of you Photobucket users like myself, these 17 pictures uploaded in record time without a single issue. go figure !!

Joel

B-25B%20Michell-1.jpg

B-25B%20Mitchell-2.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-3.jpg

B-25B%20Mitchell-4.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-5.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-6.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-7.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-8.jpg

B-25B%20Michell-9.jpg

End of Part 1

Edited by Joel_W

Joel, that is really one to be proud of. Too me it's one of your best. I look forward to the base.

F20D,

Why thank you Sir for those most kind words. It means a lot to me coming from you.

Joel

Joel,

That is most excellent! You did an outstanding job on building and painting. Your weathering is just first rate.

dnl42,

thanks so much for your post. I'm really surprised at the response I've gotten to my build.

Joel