1/48 Academy B-25B Mitchell

It's fabulous :D/> and only in 5 months! LOL my building times are a wee bit stretched of lately :D/>

Janne,

Why thank you sir for your "fabulous" comment, it's the 1st fabulous I've ever gotten. And Yeah I just flew through the build in 5 months time. :whistle:/>

The warmer weather does tend to slow down my building, and I'm sure the same goes for your time at the bench. My interest in both race cars from eras long ago, and photography are also a factor in less time at the bench, but that time should hopefully be more productive as I tend to procrastinate if I have too much time on my hands.

Joel

Joel, great build and impressive paintwork ! Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:/>/>

Looks great!! Nice clean build and I love the subtle weathering you have used.

Sean

Ivy-5 & Sean,

Thanks guys for your most positive and receptive comments. I appreciate every single post now and throughout the build, as each one does mean a lot to me.

Joel

Hi Joel-

I really like the way your B-25 turned out. You're a talented modeler. I love your base idea. Falcon definitely sets the bar high with his bases. What I use are frames from Michael's or Hobby Lobby as a starting point.

I did a similar idea to what you want to do for a P-40 using a blood chit.

G57dWbR.jpg

Also I've used it for a carrier base using Verlinden WWII Carrier base. On this one I took out the glass though

Nazmm9q.jpg

Hi Joel-

I really like the way your B-25 turned out. You're a talented modeler. I love your base idea. Falcon definitely sets the bar high with his bases. What I use are frames from Michael's or Hobby Lobby as a starting point.

I did a similar idea to what you want to do for a P-40 using a blood chit.

G57dWbR.jpg

Also I've used it for a carrier base using Verlinden WWII Carrier base. On this one I took out the glass though

Nazmm9q.jpg

eraucubsfan,

Thanks so much for your comments. Just not sure I deserve those accolades about being a talented modeler. I've always considered myself just average at best. Got lucky a few times at IPMS contests back in the 70s, but that's about it.

I do really like your idea about using a frame for a base. Will have to give that some thought as well.

BTW, those are some really outstanding builds on those bases. Like I always said, you just can't have enough props in ones collection.

Joel

Nice work, Joel! You got me to pull out my kit and take a look- cheers!

chuk

Chuk,

Why thank you sir. It's much appreciated. Now that would be a feather in my modeling cap, if my build got you to build one. I can only imagine the magic you would create with your modeling skills.

Joel

Another outstanding build Joel - thanks for sharing!

John

John,

As always it was a pleasure having you along for the ride. I'm so glad that you really liked how it turned out.

Joel

Very nice

Love the paint work very real looking

rgds

Mr. B.

Thanks so your most positive comment. Glad that you feel it does in fact look realistic. That was my main goal and concern during the painting and weathering process.

Joel

Janne,

Why thank you sir for your "fabulous" comment, it's the 1st fabulous I've ever gotten. And Yeah I just flew through the build in 5 months time. :whistle:/>/>

The warmer weather does tend to slow down my building, and I'm sure the same goes for your time at the bench. My interest in both race cars from eras long ago, and photography are also a factor in less time at the bench, but that time should hopefully be more productive as I tend to procrastinate if I have too much time on my hands.

Joel

That´s speedy compared to my P-40...started it in September last year and finished it in april :P