CD48107 - U-6 / L-20 Beaver

CD48107 will be the first of a couple DHC-2 Beaver sheets I will be releasing. This one is called a "U-6 / L-20 Beaver" sheet as it will have US options only. Several colorful USAF / USAFE options, USN Test Pilots School, etc. 

Edited by KursadA

Is there any possibility you're doing this for something other than the delightful Hobbycraft kit?

Yes, this sheet is designed for the Hobbycraft kit, which I understand is dimensionally accurate. I would also love to see a new DHC-2, but in the meantime there are lots of Hobbycraft kits around with not much selection in USAF/ US Army decals.

Can someone in the US please lend me an Airfix 1/72 Beaver kit? I need a kit to modify the scaled-down artwork since there are some full-tail markings which will need to fit the target kit exactly. Please send me a PM if you can help.

Here in the "old world" the Beaver is hard to get and when it is available, prices are overrated! I do not find that kit in a LHS, only evil-bay can be a source for the modeller. I wish Revell would make a Beaver boxing like they did with the ICM C-45.

Here in the "old world" the Beaver is hard to get and when it is available, prices are overrated! I do not find that kit in a LHS, only evil-bay can be a source for the modeller. I wish Revell would make a Beaver boxing like they did with the ICM C-45.

Airfix is trying to bring the kit back by collecting preorders through their KitStarter site - it still needs a bit more support to be re-released:

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/kitstarter/kitstarter-dhc-beaver.html

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know full well that RCAF did not operate the Beaver, and I am not aware of any other Canadian military operators. If there had been one, I could consider it for a future sheet - if this one sells OK. Speaking of Canadian decals, I recently did this one with special Hawk markings. 

On 9-10-2016 at 3:08 AM, KursadA said:

Coming next month: two 1960s USAF examples, one Edwards test aircraft, one from US Navy Test Pilot School and one from Royal Army:

Very nice Kursad. One small correction; there is no such thing as 'Royal Army'. Unlike the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, the Army does not use the 'Royal' prefix. It is just called 'British Army'.

6 hours ago, Koen L said:

Very nice Kursad. One small correction; there is no such thing as 'Royal Army'. Unlike the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy, the Army does not use the 'Royal' prefix. It is just called 'British Army'.

Thanks - I just fixed it.

I fixed the preorder link as well.

• 5 years later...