CD48097 - RAAF Mirage III - Part 2

Finally made enough progress with this to announce it: CD48097 will be the second part of the "Mirage III over Australia" series and will cover the units/schemes that I could not cover in the first sheet. The first RAAF Mirage III sheet was one of the fastest selling items I have ever made.

Finally made enough progress with this to announce it: CD48097 will be the second part of the "Mirage III over Australia" series and will cover the units/schemes that I could not cover in the first sheet. The first RAAF Mirage III sheet was one of the fastest selling items I have ever made.

Great news Kursad, looking forward to this sheet very much.

• 1 month later...

This sheet will be part of the April batch that I am currently working on - time to start some profiles as I get close to finishing the design. The 2 OCU "sunburst" was one of the schemes I could not get around to including in the first sheet, and it will be there on Part 2.

cd48097promo1.jpg

There is going to be a few unusual schemes on the sheet, including a couple gray experimental schemes and some odds-and-ends (Now that Kinetic is doing a dual-seater, "Daphne de Dual" will be there as well)

I am not sure what Stone's Ginger Wine tastes like (note to self: try this), but the photo that showed a 77 SQN aircraft with the brand on the tail band was too good to pass up.

cd48097promo3.jpg

Edited by KursadA

There is going to be a few unusual schemes on the sheet, including a couple gray experimental schemes and some odds-and-ends (Now that Kinetic is doing a dual-seater, "Daphne de Dual" will be there as well)

I am not sure what Stone's Ginger Wine tastes like (note to self: try this), but the photo that showed a 77 SQN aircraft with the brand on the tail band was too good to pass up.

cd48097promo3.jpg

Release date?

cd48097promo3.jpg

Being an Ex 77SQN tech I can tell you that the Stones was a very strong tasting ginger beer. it was the SQN brew on some deployments. I was there when that particular picture with the the 2 COs and Stones sticker was put on the tail, one side only as I recall. Don't think the aircraft flew at all with it on either.

• 3 months later...

CD48097 shares the second and third pages that were included in the first set (CD48067), which include stencilling, standard national insignia and a full sheet of serial number digits.

CD48097 shares the second and third pages that were included in the first set (CD48067), which include stencilling, standard national insignia and a full sheet of serial number digits.

Oh goody, credit card locked and loaded.

Ken

There are a total of 10 options on this sheet, 12 if you count the bonus markings for the Stone's Ginger Ale "zap" and "Daphne de Dual". Here are profiles for the first four:

cd48097profiles1.jpg