F-15K vs. F-15E - visible differences?

Hi Hajo,

From what I know the 1/72nd scale Hasegawa F-15K (Korea) and F-15SG (Singapore) boxings have all the needed parts (and more) - bar decals of course - to build a "new" (upgraded) Hasegawa F-15E Strike Eagle.

* Tree S are GE engines (not in F-15E boxing)

* Tree A are additionnal weapons (and must be in new F-15E boxing IIRC)

* Trees J/Q are new pylons/CFTs/details developped for "new" F-15E boxings (this makes the update worth and are included in the F-15E "new" boxing)

* Tree K are antennas (I think they are in "new" F-15E boxing IRCC)

Basically all included to build a modern Strike Eagle...

Regards

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.

Hi Hajo,

From what I know the 1/72nd scale Hasegawa F-15K (Korea) and F-15SG (Singapore) boxings have all the needed parts (and more) - bar decals of course - to build a "new" (upgraded) Hasegawa F-15E Strike Eagle.

* Tree S are GE engines (not in F-15E boxing)

* Tree A are additionnal weapons (and must be in new F-15E boxing IIRC)

* Trees J/Q are new pylons/CFTs/details developped for "new" F-15E boxings (this makes the update worth and are included in the F-15E "new" boxing)

* Tree K are antennas (I think they are in "new" F-15E boxing IRCC)

Basically all included to build a modern Strike Eagle...

Regards

Eric B.

There's one single sprue missing from the K & SG boxings to make an F-15E or I. Although the K & SG boxing come with sprue Q with the extended CFT pylons for those two versions, sprue J only has the rear two pairs of pylons used on the F-15E and I. It's missing the front pair of pylons for the F-15E or I which come in sprue M for the pointy ones and L for the cropped ones. But nothing 10 minutes of cutting/sanding/modifying the extended ones from sprue Q won't fix.

Hi all,

Jackman, Inquisitor : thank you for the information : I stand corrected. I myself have an SG boxing with a secondary intention to build it as an E (but I also have very nice Singapore AF decals.)

Anyhow I know now if I want an E, I'd have to look out for these forward pylons..

There's one single sprue missing from the K & SG boxings to make an F-15E or I. Although the K & SG boxing come with sprue Q with the extended CFT pylons for those two versions, sprue J only has the rear two pairs of pylons used on the F-15E and I. It's missing the front pair of pylons for the F-15E or I which come in sprue M for the pointy ones and L for the cropped ones. But nothing 10 minutes of cutting/sanding/modifying the extended ones from sprue Q won't fix.

As others have mentioned, the F-15K box does not have the Sprue M which is needed for the F-15E. My review of the F-15K and F-15SG might help:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=270084&st=0&p=2558675&hl=f-15sg&fromsearch=1entry2558675

:cheers:/>

In the same move, Hayo, sorry for the incomplete information; another proof that one should alwayrs check twice.

Cheers

Eric B.