AMK releasing MiG-31B/BS 1/48

Hi all,

I thought it wise to start a new thread for the BS version with big pylons together with R-40T + R-60 missiles. There will be many new items to shout about so this is probably the place to do it.

There is already the BM thread so lets not get mixed up.

If this is not appropriate then admin can merge.

New announcements on the kit will be advertised here.

Anyway,

Here ares ome CADs.

mig-31-b-12_zpsyhuiiwon.jpg

mig-31-b-06_zpsi6qiibn9.jpg

mig-31-b-07_zpskuwdoyja.jpg

mig-31-b-10_zpsbadhpyen.jpg

so this will be the next upcoming release from AMK?

Hi, Well this one was always going to be the next release but we are working on getting the others at the same time. As if one project wasn’t enough we have loads!

There is also a surprise release coming as well but this has not yet been announced. We only release kits when we are happy they are as good as they can be.

I thought it wise to start a new thread for the BS version with big pylons together with R-40T + R-60 missiles. There will be many new items to shout about so this is probably the place to do it. There is already the BM thread so lets not get mixed up.

Nitpicking, but shouldn't these be R-40TD and R-60M, at least for the operational airplanes?

Edited by ijozic

I'm so happy i won't have to wait long for next version :-D I wanted to build early and late a/c from the beginning :-D Any information on release date?

Hi,

We are hoping January to importers and wholesalers. Don’t forget it is the Chinese New Year on 8th February so we hope to get these out by then. Finger crossed there are no hiccoughs because we want to get them out sooner than later. Last details being sorted out now.

Berkut?

Honestly i dont know the differences between them. IIRC TD got a different seeker but otherwise they are the same? No clue re R-60 vs R-60M. But one would assume they are carrying the later versions, so yes i guess TD and M.

Please forgive me, but I don't know much about the different versions of Mig-31s, what is the difference between the BM/BSM kit and this new B/BS kit? I have the new kit coming from Sprue Brothers but it hasnt gotten to my door step yet, but I'm very impatiently awaiting for it.

Please forgive me, but I don't know much about the different versions of Mig-31s, what is the difference between the BM/BSM kit and this new B/BS kit? I have the new kit coming from Sprue Brothers but it hasnt gotten to my door step yet, but I'm very impatiently awaiting for it.

Mig-31B/BS:

- no refuelling probe / early nozzle on some of the early models.

- Zaslon can launch r-33 and r-60 for self defense only

- Zaslon is modified after spy incident (still cannot launch r-33s)

- cannot exceed Mach 1.8 when carry 4xr-60, 4xr-33

Mig-31BM:

- "Improved" Zaslon radar, can launch (?) r-33s?

- Most of the changes are in the cockpit, RWR stay the same

- Can Launch r-77, new wing pylons

- still no ground attack capability

Do we need to adjust manuals?

Since R-40TD and R-60M were already in (TD) or entering (M) service when the initial MiG-31 became operational (post 1982), they would presumably be the only choice even for the original MiG-31 aircraft, not to mention the post-1990 MiG-31B which you'll provide in the kit. So, I'd say it's pretty sure the MiG-31B/BS would use only TD and M missile variants.

Edited by ijozic

Mig-31B/BS:

- Zaslon is modified after spy incident (still cannot launch r-33s)

I'd be curious to read more about this as I thought the R-33S was part of the MiG-31 update (Zaslon plus R-33 missiles) after the Tolkachev incident, although I never saw the photos of them.

Edited by ijozic

In short, the first boxing is of MiG-31BM/BSM variant which are modernized variants of B/BS variant which were made in Soviet Union/early 90's.

Short summary of main MiG-31 versions here. And quick guide how to see difference between MiG-31 (B/BS/DZ) and MiG-31BM here.

I'd be curious to read more about this as I thought the R-33S was part of the MiG-31 update (Zaslon plus R-33 missiles) after the Tolkachev incident, although I never saw the photos of them.

As far as i know R-33S can be used by B/BS. There is only one picture of R-33S.

Edited by Berkut

Since R-40TD and R-60M were already in (TD) or entering (M) service when the initial MiG-31 became operational (post 1982), they would presumably be the only choice even for the original MiG-31 aircraft, not to mention the post-1990 MiG-31B which you'll provide in the kit. So, I'd say it's pretty sure the MiG-31B/BS would use only TD and M missile variants.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...