Looking for nice general book on the Mirage

Like it says on the tin! Am looking for a good, basic book about the Mirage, as many itinerations as possible. Amazon and I apparently do not share search words well, and SprueBros and Squadron were pretty limited. I am woefully short on knowledge about this important aircraft. Am starting to think it was the NATO version of the MiG-21 and clearly I have allowed a hole in my education that should not be there.

TIA!!

Tracy

Between the Mirage III, IV, 5, 50, F1, 2000 and all the experimental and development types, that's a pretty huge subject, not to mention the fact that though the III/5/50 do form a 'family', the F1 and 2000 are completely different and share really only the name in common.

For English books the only one I know to suggest is "Vlamgat" by Dick Lord, which is about the F1 in South African service, and is a pretty good read.

If you can read French, there's a better array: For the III/V/50 family, there's the series "Les monoréacteurs Dassault à aile delta" covering the Mirage III/5/50 series in 4 volumes:

Tome 1, du Mystère Delta aux Mirage IIIC & IIIB/BE dans l'armée de l'Air (from Mystère Delta to IIIC & IIIB/BE in French AF)

Tome 2, Le Mirage IIIE dans l'armée de l'air (IIIE in French AF)

Tome 3, Le Mirage IIIR/RD & 5F dans l'armée de l'air (IIIR/RD & 5F in French AF)

Tome 4, Mirage III/5/50 en service a l'étranger (III/5/50 in foreign service)

For the F1, there's the two-volume series "Le Mirage F1" by Michel Lièbert and Sébastien Buyck, and then a two-volume series by Frederic Lert (volume 1 covering F1C, F1CR, F1CT, F1B and export versions, volume 2 covering F1CR and F1CT), and for the Mirage IV, "Mirage IV : Le bombardier stratégique" by Hervé Beaumont. And then "Mirage 2000" by Olivier Klene.

Not sure how helpful this is, but I don't know of anything that would cover everything in one book, especially not in English...

Some other good pointers are the various articles in World Air Power Journal:

"Focus Aircraft: Dassault Mirage 2000 - France's Major Warplane Described in Detail", WAPJ #10

"Mirage III/5/50 Variant Briefing: Part 1: Dassault's Delta", WAPJ #14

"Mirage III/5/50 Variant Briefing: Part 2: Fives, Fifties, Foreigners and Facelifts", WAPJ #15

"Mirage III/5/50 Variant Briefing: Part 3: The Operators", WAPJ #16

"Focus Aircraft: Dassault Mirage F1: Gallic Guardian - Development, Service, Variants and Operators", WAPJ #17

Another one, although it may be a bit hard to track down:

"The Mirage III, 5, 50 and derivatives from 1955 to 2000" by Breffort / Jouineau.

HTH,

Andre