Kinetic Super Etendard: beautiful kit, but.....

2. Do you have photos or other documentation that indicates that the sun on Argentine military aircraft is different from the national coat of arms and the national flag?

how about every single picture of every Argentinian Super Etendard?

My link

The sun on all Argentine Military aircraft is plain gold and there is a face within. The sun is GOLD not yellow or any other shade of yellow. The face may be faded slightly because of the suns effect on paint but it is there.

That said, GOLD not yellow!

There are no arguments because that is a fact.

http://postimg.org/image/kcgwt78wz/

The anchors both black and white on this decal sheet are also incorrect. The anchors are much more angled and especially the cross bar at the top which is tapered nt straight as in these decals.

Maybe go for aftermarket?

Edited by loki

Yes, I do know the differences, in fact I have a Revell of Germany 1/48 Harrier GR.Mk 7/9 in my stash, which I forgot was Hasegawa plastic. :bandhead2:/>

I was thinking mainly about the FRS.1 (Airfix), which is what I plan to start on in the near future, fixing it up as a Falklands recce bird.

So I will "obey" your LAW, and stop commenting on Harriers in this forum.

HAPPY now? <_</>

Hey I didn't make any laws but I also didn't have a crack at someone saying that I didn't know the Hasegawa Harrier GR.7 is identical to an FRS.1 which they are clearly not.

As for your Airfix kit do yourself a favor and throw it in the bin and get the Kinetic kit.

It's so much better it's not worth talking about and you will end up with a far easier build with far better detail.

So....I thought this thread was about the Kinetic Super Etendard, how did it devolve into a food fight about Harriers? I can't see not buying a kit over one small detail on the decal sheet not being exactly the correct shade of yellow or gold if the kit itself is very good overall. There will probably be aftermarket decals for these kits anyway. My dilemma is whether to buy the Kinetic or wait for the AMK kit. Just out of curiosity how accurate are the colors for the Argentine markings in the Heller kits, I have several of those? Knowing my bad habit of increasing my stash of ship, aircraft and armour kits, Ill probably buy this one now and get the AMK kit anyway when it's released. :cheers:

As you have probably seen by this thread, there are some here who think you should just trash your Heller kits, as they have the "dreaded raised panel lines" and are "horribly innaccurate". They will tell you that you MUST go out and buy the "newest and best" kits out there and not to waste your time on such "garbage".

Of course, I completely disagree with that opinion. <_</>

Larry

I'm not going to trash my Heller Super Etendards, I've built one of them and still have 2 of the Afghanistan releases with the resin upgrade parts, and I have 2 of the older Heller IVP recon versions but I don't like aircraft kits with an upper/lower fuselage split. It's a pain hiding the seam without losing details. BTW the Heller kits do have recessed panel lines but the nose shape is too skinny so I've already decided to buy 2 of the newer kits just haven't decided between the Kinetic or AMK releases. I only asked about the Argentine Navy markings in the Heller kits since we seem to have a debate going about whether they're actually yellow or Gold. Just wondering if the Heller kits got the markings right.

With stepping into 2016, we have include a new tooling facility where the mold quality same as the Su33 on all major product. In the meanwhile, a new team in manual design will incorporate some new standard.

In short, we are fully prepared for the competition ahead. And thanks for your support, we are ready for the next major shift in product quality both technically and financially.

Alright...so you're saying there is a chance of a 1/48 P-3 Orion!?

largeSorry%20Charlie_zpsxy4akskr.jpg

The SuE is indeed a really nice kit. At first glance, it looks pretty much "right" to me.

Have yet to "put it under the microscope", though... But I'm not expecting any nasty surprises.

Maybe it's time to generally acknowledge that Kinetic has come a long way since the Tracker, Hawkeye and F-16.

There's always room for improvement - beyond question. But I'm confident enough to put my Heller SuEs up for sale on evilbay.

I only asked about the Argentine Navy markings in the Heller kits since we seem to have a debate going about whether they're actually yellow or Gold. Just wondering if the Heller kits got the markings right.

Nay, they don't, unfotunately. :( Nay only is the sun colour yellow instead o' gold, but also the shape of the Navy anchors are awfully wrong. Want to get too picky, then the eaglet, emblem of the 2nd Escuadrilla Aeronaval de Caza y Ataque, is a joke by comparison. Stencils 'n' letterin' are wrong as well.

Spoke to the blokes at Aztec Decals once, they told me it's impossible to render metallic colours on decals.

Aerocalcas has the sun in gold color.

Y'sure 'bout that, Luv? 'Cause havin' peeped at some decal sheets personally, at several hobby shops down here, found 'em sun colour to be a bit o' a tad o' a yellow-ish hue.

Had 'em at Doyle's once, for instance:

aer48004.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning to go ahead and get the Kinetic Super Etendard instead of waiting for the AMK release but after looking over pictures of the kit it seems that Kinetic didn't include the inner pylons which are dedicated for the counter measures dispensers. That omission convinced me to wait for the AMK Super Etendard.

Is that really matter ? If yes, we can provide in add on form with tow tractor

The kinetic kit looks nice and I almost purchased 2 of them over the weekend until I looked over pictures of what's included, I actually planned on building them with a full load out, one in flight and the second one with landing gear deployed. Most of the recent pictures I've seen of French Navy Super Etendards have the inner pylons fitted with the counter measure dispensers, sometimes just one sometimes both wings. A tow tractor would be cool, so how would you release it with the inner pylons and dispensers? Are those parts already tooled up for production?

Edited by tko24

That is my idea. The GBU, chaff dispensers and Tow tractor

Will the tractor, inner pylons, GBU and chaff dispensers be plastic or resin? I'm not in a rush even though I almost bought 2 of them this past weekend. Are you able to give us an idea when this set might be available?