CD48022 Color Question

I'm currently building F-15D 82-0046 of Oregon ANG.

The Eagle decal for the tail does not quite fit the tail of the Academy 1/48 F-15D. If I line the edges of the decal up with the edges of the tail it leaves a strip at the top not covered by the decal. If I pull the decal up to just below the RWR I would have to trim the decal front and back, which I don't really want to do.

So, my question is, is there an approximate (or exact) FS number for the "low vis" grey so I can touch up the uncovered area?

Also, from looking at photos of the real thing, it seems the nose radome is a slightly different color, is this just a texture thing, or is it an actual color difference?

Thanks,

Ken

These decals were designed to fit the Hasegawa kit. I specified FS36081 for the darker gray color, but it is a somewhat darker color as Cartograf printed it. I would start from FS36118 (Gunship Gray) and darken as necessary.

The radome is made from a dielectric material that tends to weather differently from the fuselage - as such, some color variation is possible.

Edited by KursadA