Hey ARC,

After not building ANYTHING in ALL of 2015 and just finishing a quick build to restore my mojo, I think I'd like to get in on this GB with a 1/48 Hasegawa F-16. Thinking of doing her up in some markings from the 412th Operations Group out of Edwards AFB.

Let's see if I can actually get this thing built.

Cheers!

-O

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be building this kit:

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1472&bih=743&q=monogram+mustang&oq=monogram+mustang&gs_l=img.12..0.1227.4744.0.6835.16.13.0.3.3.0.97.1027.13.13.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.16.1030.PznEMgJbEt4#imgrc=XcKpuYivaFkVjM%3A

I recently got SMP deals from Ultracast for an RAAF Mustang, Swiss Air Force Mustang and a Central Experimental and Proving Establishment Mustang based at RCAF Station Uplands here in Ottawa, after it moved from my old stomping grounds near now defunct RCAF Station Rockcliffe.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1472&bih=743&q=smp+decals&oq=smp+decals&gs_l=img.12...165751.168087.2.169865.10.8.0.2.0.0.115.639.7j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.7.563.hBYd4ru97kI#imgrc=PLJTa3WFYoh51M%3A

While at Rockcliffe, C.E.P.E. was simply known as the Experimental and Proving Establishment. A quote from an on-line publication by the Canada Aviation and Space Museum states:

"Other experimental units were formed in Canada during and after the war and it was decided to centralize the control of their activities in one organization. In 1951 these units were amalgamated as the Central Experimental and Proving Establishment with headquarters at Rockcliffe. The organization remained at the Station until 1957 when it was moved to RCAF Station Uplands south of Ottawa. Until that time, Rockcliffe had witnessed 37 years of test flying and aeronautical research activity."

C.E.P.E. is the predecessor of what is now the R.C.A.F.'s Aerospace Engineering Test Establishment (A.E.T.E.) at 4 Wing, Cold Lake, Alberta.

I'm finishing up a Sabre for the Far Out, Far East GB so I should be starting this in a week or so.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's a video of this aircraft on Youtube. IIRC, it was aluminum-skinned plywood. If you're going to open the canopy, make sure you look at that video to see how it rotated inside the fuselage.

One, maybe two more.

Easy one will be a white and red ED coded F-4E in 1/48.

Then if I have time a 1/32 CT-133 Shooting star ejection seat platform..

Question is if I do CEPE 21505 back in 1960, or the same plane AETE 133505 around 1990. Either way in flight with the ejection seat going BANG!