Well, what is waiting for you, dear fellow modellers!?

I have here 4 books from DACO about the Tiger Meet (ok, ok, I admit they are left over from the Tiger GB and I still keep them. That time we had less finishers than donated books!)

So thanks again to Danny Coremans from DACO!

Our sponsor again is Thomas Schneider from "originalundmodel.de" and meanwhile his homepage is turning into a kind of online magazine. At least it is on the way to...

originalundmodell

From him we get a 1/48 model kit!! What? Erhhh...I will tell you soon!

So next, we have a new sponsor on board: Wingman Models with their site shopofphantoms.

At dec 19, 2015 I met Andreas Klein in Erlangen and he gave me:

Harrier and Buccaneer books from Double Ugly!

1/48 decal sheets from Wingman:

Latin American Kfirs

Luftwaffe Alpha Jets

MIG 21 F-13

On the same day I met Alex Glas from Uschi van der Rosten and he spontaneously gave me some of his goodies:

Scenic displays in 1/72 and 1/48

and two "air to ground" pictures (so what to do with it, you will ask!?)

He told me it is for building in-flight diorama to give the model airplane a ground to fly over. Sized for 1/144 to 1/72...depends on the size of the plane and the flightlevel.

Last year preparing for that GB Andrew and Ioannis Lekkas got in touch and afaik Ioannis from eagle aviation joined the group of sponsors. We still have to determine what and how much he will donate to us.

He is publishing absolutely great books with millions of fantastic fotographs. Main topic: greek airforce

I hope it is a kind of mouthwatering and a bit of mojo for you to join this GB, drink an OUZO from time to time and have a good time together here for the next half year! :cheers:

Edited by tobiK
  • 6 months later...

Gents, Crazy Snap Captain gave the honour to me to announce the price winners of the Hellenic Airforce group build.

To begin with I want to mention all modellers here who have finished their kits, made a WIP thread and posted it in the "display case":

Brutus, Zark, scotthdlr, Phantom, SU27, SabreFan, Goggo, tobik.

Thanks for joining, and let us watch doing your hobby and admire your results! The HAF GB has only a small number of participants and therefore also a small number of finishers, BUT here we see a quite high modelling level compared to other actual (and just ended) GBs.

Let's start with the DACO Tigermeet books, they go to:

Zark, Brutus and Scotthdlr

Decal sheets in 1/48 from Wingman models:

MIG-21 F-13 "007" (The aircraft that defected to Israel)

Phantom and Zark

Latin american Kfirs C2/C7/C10/C12 for: Brutus (your special scheme Phantoms are....special!)

Dornier Alpha Jet A (Luftwaffe): Goggo

Now some books, also a gift from shopofphantoms:

"BAE Systems Harrier II" for: SabreFan (he mastered again that NMF finish and made a crisp and colorful F-84G Thunderflash)

"Backburn Buccaneer" for: Phantom (who made two nice Phantom kits!)

Uschi van der Rosten scenic dispaly base in 1/72 of March reserve air force base

goes to: SU27!

This time the "pitchman-murphy strikes" price goes to: fellow hobbyist! Even he did not finish he explained the reason in a PM and what happened to him and his family is everything else than funny! So we wish you the very best for your future and may you find some time again to do your hobby.

Oh, yaa, what he gets? A DACO tigermeet book!

So please let me know your postal adress and me and CrazySnap Captain will send you the goodies.

Too bad the HAF GB is over.... :crying2:/>

Edited by tobiK

The first batch of parcels will go out this week to: Brutus, Phantom, SU 27 and SabreFan. And here I also want to give a shout out to the other lucky winners to tell me their postal address! Please wake up, Scotthdlr, Zark and Fellow Hobbyist!

Hi guys,

it's me again. So to keep you updated: the first prices are on their way to: SU27 and Brutus, Phantom should get a parcel from CrazySandCaptain. The remaining modellers mentioned will follow soon.

But here it is something...still here, the box of the Wingman Kfir kit...I will not keep it for myself, NOOOOOO!!!!

Here in that ended GB we have one fellow modeller "giving" us a gorgeous model: he started with a kit, an old kit out of the 80ies, made by ESCI. Put in elbow grease, Eduard stuff and scratch made details, had to suffer throwbacks, almost gave up and struggled the time problem. But in the End he made it to a great finished SAR helo!

Congrats, Scotthdlr, the IAF kfir from Wingman models goes to you! (And meanwhile I have his postal address, no obstacle anymore to get his goodies shipped). :D :yahoo::banana::cheers:

:woot.gif:/> Wasn't expecting that, thank you.

Once again thank you for hosting the GB to start with, it give me something to aim for and get back into modelling again after a 18 month break.

Edited by scotthldr