Arrggghhhhhhhh, the Icarus stencil sheet :blink: :explode::crying2::bandhead2: you'll feel each one of those emotions by the time you've put the 300+ decals on the plane. One point though is that the stencils are in English, did the ex Luftwaffe jets not have German stencils after arrival?

Hi Andrew,

FYI... The ex Luftwaffe jets were delivered with all stencil data in German(the Luftwaffe jets were just as heavily stenciled). Over time the data was changed to English, but unfortunately I can't find any information to suggest what that time scale was. Either way you would be correct, but if 100% accuracy is a main concern then I would drop Ioannis Lekkas a pm.

Hello Captain!

I would not take the stencils, the ex Lutwaffen Birds had these stencils surely not!!!!

You save one mix work and annoyance! Otherwise great lacquer finish looks super! :woo:/>

Hi Andrew,

FYI... The ex Luftwaffe jets were delivered with all stencil data in German(the Luftwaffe jets were just as heavily stenciled). Over time the data was changed to English, but unfortunately I can't find any information to suggest what that time scale was. Either way you would be correct, but if 100% accuracy is a main concern then I would drop Ioannis Lekkas a pm.

Thanks for tyhe info guys. I tried a few on for size and now there are two issues. One is the accuracy factor that you guys have mentioned above and the other is that I got the grey stencils which are more dark gray than light grey so they dont show up very well at all on the dark camo scheme. So, I either order the white stencils or do none. Checking to see if I can find them on the web now... :(

26587463742_43912587ca_c.jpg

26074387764_0e53b2cb85_c.jpg

26587492232_3a5c12b4fe_c.jpg

26587477602_216cf1a8a2_c.jpg

26406949000_6229ce6c46_c.jpg

here still a few pictures and/or decals of airdoc.

all are from the beautiful airdoc book concerning the GAF RF 4E. I do not believe except the sovereignty badges which was changed.

those maintenance-refers is in grey writing and

designate wade-fold

build also times sometime a RF however as German bird!

happy modelling. :rolleyes:/>/>

• 3 weeks later...

So meanwhile I tried to manage something but no success. So I also searched my stash for F-4 decals and focused on white stencils. There is (and hopefully also out on the market) something that can be usefull for you:

one option are the late british grey Phantoms: white stencils included in the airdoc sheet no. ADS 173/149001.

OFC you should compare with your Icarus sheet what you can use and what not because it is special for the F-4M.

About that sheet I will ask directly at airdoc the next days.

also british stencils (white) you can get from hobbydecal. No. AL48005V1 "RAF FGR.27F-4M stencils 1".

and

F-4 Panel numbers stencil font white ver 1, no. ST48042V1 (for all types of Phantoms, also RF, very good instruction, very comprehensive).

but please note: these are dry transfer decals, if you are not familiar or anxious about that you can put the stencils first on a clear decal and cut it into piece, then aplly like an ordinary water slide decal.

For this use: ZP001 "clear decal for HD dry transfer"

Source: look at "www.hobbydecal.com"

As you painted the RF in FS colors, it means it already got a treatment in the greek paint shop and therefore it is possible that the german RF stencils were not added but the US-type stencils (maybe) - only my 0,02 $.