1/35 U.S. Army UH-60A Blackhawk Medevac WIP

Hi everyone, starting this year, heres my second model im building.

Ive choose to build an UH-60 medevac. For the build ive picked some aftermarket stuff like the Werner Wings Medevac interior, Werner Wings decals, Eduard Big Ed, Resin wheels, and other stuff. It will be my first Blackhawk model so hope i make it correct. Man, this model is huge, so heres what ive done so far.

Hope everyone likes it and i will appreciate you could help me.

Thanks.

Rod.

DSC09501_zpspg5j8jrq.jpg

DSC09502_zpsg4dyu9nh.jpg

DSC09503_zps3glw7hh8.jpg

DSC09508_zpsxrbu29sm.jpg

DSC09505_zpsdbtsxeei.jpg

DSC09452_zpsaocyzlvp.jpg

DSC09451_zpsclm4grtd.jpg

DSC09509_zpsmztknawd.jpg

Edited by salvador001

Ok guys, made some work on the internal structure of the windshield, i painted the middle section and upper windows in smoke. Laterals are painted in metallic blue very thinned.

Doesnt look like the real deal but im happy with the results.

I hope you like it.

Greetings.

Rod.

DSC09515_zpshwcqgfov.jpg

DSC09516_zpsgrlo5u2i.jpg

DSC09517_zpsfdgqmjox.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ramon, i have done some progress in the hawk and lakota too. I will post the photos later tonight.

I have realized this model is so difficult to build. Just to mention a few, the floor and roof leaves huge gaps on the sides when fuselage is closed, so as the back wall. You have to sand the external hook housing in order to fit the fuselage when closed, if not, you cannot close it. Other problem are the gunner pillars, the resin ones are great but they need to be sanded and detailed specially on the middle. I made some work on them, ill show them to you.

Thanks.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

...I have realized this model is so difficult to build...

i know EXACTLY what you mean! there are so many things that need to be modified, adjusted, fixed, or replaced that it is hard for me to not sound like a complainer while i post, but i try to at least sound positive while i work on my hawk. its worse that i am building a specific one that i used to work on and had my name on it. i have to balance between making the changes that i can while improving my skills and the quality of the build, and ignoring the ones that would stop my progress and leave this kit forever unfinished. still, i am having fun with it, problem solving and everything, and i hope it is fun for you too. Looking forward to seeing your photos and sharing techniques!

:D

-Ramon

Ok guys, heres a little update on my hawk.

I started gluing some PE on the pit, plus modifying the rotor housing and detailing the gunner pillars. These pillars are half werners wings and kit ones. I bought a set of resin wheels, and these are fantastic, they even have the brand AVIATOR labeled in them, just like the real deal.

Well, heres the photos.

Hope everyone likes it, and i hope to finish this one by late september.

Thanks.

Rod.

DSC09642_zpssh5bmpp7.jpg

DSC09643_zpsltmq1pdv.jpg

DSC09645_zpsvnr7jymn.jpg

DSC09649_zpsmom5pmup.jpg

DSC09650_zps1la6rrno.jpg

DSC09644_zpsshh1ysxz.jpg

I thought they looked familiar as i was just looking at them the other day. Did you have to do any cleaning on them since they are 3D printed? Thanks again.

Mike

Mike, the wheels are very sharp with no flash, you only have to clean them with soapy water as they come with a little grease, thats all you need to do.

You should get some, they are awesome.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Depending on when your helo is depicting, you could get the SPM M240H for the doorguns. They look really nice. I used a set on my MH-60S. You will need to buy two sets though if you want both guns the same since there are one each of two types (with and w/out front hand guards) in the set.

625x465_3503010_10744930_1433394963.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/product/JDRXKZNGT/1-35-spm-35-026-m240d-machine-gun?li=search-results-1&optionId=57071446