1/35 U.S. Army UH-60A Blackhawk Medevac WIP

Wow! That does look pretty real... It gave me flash backs of doing the safety wire on that inboard retention plate after torque checks! Nice nice tail rotor dude!

:-D

-Ramon

Edited by anvil6

Nice job Rod!! I don't know what you are looking for but I have a couple of pics of a medevac Hawk maybe you can use them, here I'm posting a couple to see if they can be useful

DSC_8099_zpszisbpbpd.jpg

DSC_8119_zpsokyu2cz8.jpg

DSC_8117_zps5smhahzl.jpg

DSC_8116_1_zps1re0ogh3.jpg

These pics were taking on 2012 here in Guatemala and this particular bird didn't have the carrousell FWIW

DSC_8116_1_zps1re0ogh3.jpg

These pics were taking on 2012 here in Guatemala and this particular bird didn't have the carousel FWIW

Huh, the carousel is clearly in the pic directly above where you say, "this particular bird didn't have the carousel"? The SGT has his hand on one of the litter trays on the carousel.

Edited by HeavyArty

Huh, the carousel is clearly in the pic directly above where you say, "this particular bird didn't have the carousel"? The SGT has his hand on one of the litter trays on the carousel.

My bad Gino! I was kinda lost in translation and thouth that the carrousell was something else! I'll see if I have more details of the interior that might help Rd!

Here you can take a better look at it

DSC_8129_1_zps7qpkbd7m.jpg

bh_zpsrqlauki5.jpg

I know you might have a ton of reference pics but there's no sich a thing as too many references! If you want some high res pics PM me and I can send them your way, and if you need some specific ones I could have taken some

That is an OLD SCHOOL bird - it doesn't even have the ESSS mod! Can you get a shot straight down the engine inlet, and another of the structure between the HIRSS exhaust shields and the dog house?

-Ramon

Great shots Kike, are those Blackhawks the ones stationed at Soto Cano, Honduras?

Erick, can you confirm your bird didnt have the carousel installed? If you have a good photo of the interior of your bird please share it.

Can it be accurate if i install the carousel on your bird?

Thanks.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

This is what I have, hope it helps Ramon

bh2_zpsxshydgsn.jpg

bh1_zpsfqxe6nd8.jpg

bh3_zps8idbzsyh.jpg

And some more just in case

bh7_zpsy3cznf98.jpg

bh_zpshfbulehz.jpg

bh4_zpsqwff9egb.jpg

This bird was part of a humanitarian deployement in Coban, Guatemala in 2012, I was able to shoot some pics by pure luck, I own a restaurant and the comander came to dinner often and I got the permission after explaining why I wanted the pics for, for some reason I wasn't able to take a direct pic of the IP, don't know why and I didn't ask why either! The crew was really nice and even explained me and my son some things about the bird, my son even got to use de tanker's horn!....maybe my wife's presence helped a bit too.

Is that tail # by chance 80-23468?

If so, that was an old 1/17 Cav bird that belonged to our sister unit.

With the old strut step fairing, I think it might be. It's definitely an A model hawk.

Tim

A couple of pics for you to see if you can recognize it

bh5_zpsldypidqz.jpg

bh6_zpsozgnmh8f.jpg

bh7_zpskku8mqpm.jpg

Rod I don't want to hijack your thread by any mean, I just post what I think could be useful for your build or others!

This is what I have, hope it helps Ramon

bh2_zpsxshydgsn.jpg

bh1_zpsfqxe6nd8.jpg

bh3_zps8idbzsyh.jpg

And some more just in case

bh7_zpsy3cznf98.jpg

bh_zpshfbulehz.jpg

bh4_zpsqwff9egb.jpg

This bird was part of a humanitarian deployement in Coban, Guatemala in 2012, I was able to shoot some pics by pure luck, I own a restaurant and the comander came to dinner often and I got the permission after explaining why I wanted the pics for, for some reason I wasn't able to take a direct pic of the IP, don't know why and I didn't ask why either! The crew was really nice and even explained me and my son some things about the bird, my son even got to use de tanker's horn!....maybe my wife's presence helped a bit too.

Very helpful, thanks dude!

:-)

-Ramon

Great pics Kike. Are you from Guatemala?

Rod.

Yes sir, and I live here in Coban 210 kms from Guatemala City! whenever you want to come by just let me know and if I go by your side of the wood I'll give you a holler!

Thanks Erick, too bad i will not use the carousel, well now i need to buy the litters, rescue hoist and med gear.

Oh, and one question, Did you had any weapons onboard? I assume yes, and if so, where did you store them?

Would love to see your photos.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Great shots Erick, now a couple of questions:

1- So i understand, there were 4 M-4 carbines onboard, one for each pilot, CC and medic?

2- I see you had the stretchers strap onto the ceiling, if so, how were they strapped? And how many you had onboard?

3- Did you had some spine boards onboard? If so where did you store them and how many you had?

4- Is that red box a tool box? Whats the device on top of it?

5- Did you had a rescue hoist on the cabin just like the ones the medevac hueys have? Or did you had the external roof mounted one?

Thanks.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001

Not all pilots carried M4s but most of the crewchiefs and medics did. Sometimes we put them up there so we could carry baggage and supplies and we used just cargo straps to hold them up. If we did carry a spine board it was just one and we put it anywhere we had room. yes that is the tool box I told you about for supplies and that is a heart shocker on top cant remember the name of it now hahah. and yes we did carry the old hoist just like the Huey