GSI Creos (AKA Gunze) Airbrushes anyone use?

Looking at amazon today for trigger action airbrushes I ran across these. link below They look to be high quality but I wonder if they preform as well as they look. My thoughts are a Company like Gunze would not sell junk as it would leave a bad impression. As with Tamiya and their line of Airbrushes that are IMO of the highest quality. ie: my 17 yr old HG Superfine that is as good as it gets! so if you have any first hand knowledge please pass it on...Thank You

GSI Creos Mr. Procon Boy WA Trigger Type Airbrush, 0.3mm

http://www.hlj.com/product/GNZPS-275/Sup

Edited by viper730

If I had to guess, it's made by BB Rich. Looks like the BB Rich pistol grip only minus the hand grip and long air valve (to accommodate the grip). BB Rich is the manufacturer of Tamiya's line of airbrushes.

thank you that bb rich was a help i added that to a search and came up with some useful info

If I had to guess, it's made by BB Rich. Looks like the BB Rich pistol grip only minus the hand grip and long air valve (to accommodate the grip). BB Rich is the manufacturer of Tamiya's line of airbrushes.

Yes, it is BB Rich. Excellent quality.

As with Tamiya and their line of Airbrushes that are IMO of the highest quality. ie: my 17 yr old HG Superfine that is as good as it gets! so if you have any first hand knowledge please pass it on...Thank You

I'm the owner of this:

aerografo-mrairbrush-018-4509.JPG

I have this and also the Iwata CMC-PLUS, to me they look the same, I risk of to say the GSI CREOS airbrush are made from Iwata.

the feel of use of this airbrush is the same of the Iwata CMC plus.

Not a cheap product

Isn't (or wasn't) BB Rich the manufacturer of Iwata and Tamiya airbrushes as well? I thought I read somewhere than they were.

Rob

Tamiya, yes, Iwata no.

It has been a quite persistent rumour over the years, and one that seems to resurface, but I have never seen any hard facts that Iwata makes airbrushes for anyone but themselves, and not for them either, until the Neo came some years ago.

But that isn't anything negative. I have owned several BB Rich made airbrushes, and they have all been excellent. Better than some of the Iwatas I've owned.

Edited by denstore

I have this and also the Iwata CMC-PLUS, to me they look the same, I risk of to say the GSI CREOS airbrush are made from Iwata.

the feel of use of this airbrush is the same of the Iwata CMC plus.

Not a cheap product

I suppose it is a license built version, as are the Iwata Microns. Olympos has the original patent, I believe.

Edited by denstore

Probably a good air brush. But why are you considering buying something that you might not be able to buy parts for? I have been using air brushes for over fifty years. Eventually either due to wear of accidents like dropping it, you will need replacement parts. I would suggest buying something that is "mainline" that you can buy parts for. No matter how great it is, if it is broken, it is worthless if you can't get parts.

Probably a good air brush. But why are you considering buying something that you might not be able to buy parts for? I have been using air brushes for over fifty years. Eventually either due to wear of accidents like dropping it, you will need replacement parts. I would suggest buying something that is "mainline" that you can buy parts for. No matter how great it is, if it is broken, it is worthless if you can't get parts.

Easy answer,,,because it's cheap (relatively speaking). However, as they say, buy cheap, buy twice.

I'm quite certain one of the Japanese online stores will be able to supply spares for any of the Gunze GSI airbrushes.

I've got a Mr Airbrush Custom 0.18 as pictured above by G_Marcat_Italy, design & quality are typical of Japanese airbrush products, so it's a pretty good airbrush. I don't believe that the GSI Custom 0.18 uses the matched head "system" of the CM's though.

Easy answer,,,because it's cheap (relatively speaking). However, as they say, buy cheap, buy twice.

Wow that's harsh...but that's so not the case here...My "Cheap" I paid well under $100.00 for a Tamiya HG SF. It has been flawless for close to 17 years....I'll take that kind of cheap every single day of the week....

So If the same company (BB Rich) is making this GSI CREOS AB One could expect the MAXIMUM Value for every dollar spent....wise move I'd say.

But after all this I went with the Tamiya HG SF Trigger Airbrush for a few dollars more since it includes the molded grip and has the .20 needle set up I wanted. I win with a GREAT AB At a Great Price....thanks to Amazon...as for parts Tamiya USA is just a click away if I ever need something...

Big THANK YOU to all who chimed in......

Cheers

Brian

If i could just get this rotator cuff repair to heal faster I could get back to the model bench :bandhead2:/>

Now where did I put my pain pills :smiley-transport006:/> :chain-gun:/>