Bandai AT-ST Simple Desert Scheme

Here is my latest progress on my version of the AT-ST. I was going to do a full diorama but for this one decided just to do a straight forward build. I like the idea of a desert version so I kept it a simple sand color and heavy weathering in browns and earths. I still have some of the detail work to do and perhaps a bit more chipping. I think I'll also add some external stowage and odds and ends and a couple of figures with a simple base.

DSC_0050_zpsejl4qxfy.jpg

DSC_0052_zpsuwjlj2be.jpg

DSC_0054_zpszh8we33c.jpg

DSC_0051_zpstktgmoxz.jpg

Love this kit. Hope to get some more in the future.

Bill

Great job, Bill! Very nice weathering! What paints did you use?

Thanks Crackerjazz. All paints are Vallejo Model Color. The base color is Iraqui Sand. Then a very watered down wash with Mahogany brown. Some chipping with dark brown/black mix. Then some pastel chalks around the lower legs and feet. I'm going to sit with it for a bit and decide if I want go a little more or not.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Very fine work! It looks like a real workhorse.

You could say this was used in the Battle of Jakku - I play Star Wars Battlefront and seeing grey AT-STs (and AT-ATs, for that matter) on a desert world just looks wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. This is one of the most fun builds I've had in a long time.

Think this is done for the most part. Not sure how best to display it yet but I like the idea of the crew relaxing. I've placed a couple of men in some different locations, any preference you guys have?

DSC_0062_zpswlgkfwuq.jpg

DSC_0063_zpstev2ntac.jpg

DSC_0061_zpspbszvupu.jpg

DSC_0060_zpsquvtc8ah.jpg

DSC_0065_zpsagmuin9j.jpg

Might put this guy on top with binoculars scanning the horizon.

DSC_0066_zps90c7jaov.jpg

Edited by niart17

I really like the guy on the "foot". A great way to show scale. If you have a figure of a tanker popping out that could work with the cab?

Thanks. I thought about putting a figure actually in the hatch but even though I didn't do much detailing on the interior (touched up the seats and put some harnesses) I do want it to be at least a little visible. That was the thought behind having the guy just hanging a leg down inside and leaning against the hatch so as not to block the light much from getting inside. I too like the guy at the foot, but unless it's in the context of a diorama I think it looks a little odd. Anyone else have thoughts on it?