And its built. Apart from the seats, have to find more of those....Might just go OOB.

DSC_0734_3.jpg

Still have to find the top side colour. Hopefully I can find some on my day off Wednesday.

DSC_0735_3.jpg

Do not worry, the sucker will get some weathering once the top colour is applied.

I am thinking this one won't be too dirty. My other Greek Phantom in current paint scheme, THAT is dirty. This one will be mostly lightly sun faded.......If I can find the paint.

Model Master 1720, Humbrol 144, Gunze H42 (also have a look at H56 - a bit brighter), Xtra X125...it is the same color used on aggressor aircraft sporting the blue schemes (Grape, old blue, new blue).

Decals on. Now gloss coat I do not mind brush painting. But the dull and therefore mudding up of the decals need an airbrush. So here is how it sits until I can find a compressor.

DSC_0737_3.jpg

Thought I found one at Canadian tire, but its not compatible with my Badger airbrush. Home depot only had industrial type compressors and no hobby store in the county carries compressors any more.

Think I found one on route to Toronto so I will check that out when I have to head out there.

Coming along nicely, you certainly put them together quickly :thumbsup:

Hope you don't mind me pointing out a slight mistake, but a/c 71751 wasn't DIAS equipped(RWR on intake cheeks and fin tip)you need to be in 015** range of serials, I used to have a list of what F-4's did and didn't have DIAS and TIESO fitted but I can't find it, however I know that 01518 01522 and 01530 definitely had DIAS and no TIESO.

Found an over priced compressor. Lucky for me when I got to the till the girl asked me if I would like a 50% off coupon.......w00t.gif

So I bought the tiny blue Testors thingie and hope to test it next day off. I looked up the little sucker on line and it seems ok. Turns out with the 50% coupon it was almost the same price as I would pay in the US, but using US money. So I guess I got a deal as the Canadian dollar is tanking right now.

Seeing as I should be on strike in about 18 hours I should think apart from picket duty I will have some free time to model soon.

Well, turns out I am NOT going on strike!!!w00t.gif So I took the cheap blue Testors plastic basic compressor back and got a real one. Was $30 more but I think it should last another 20 years like my old Badger.

Anywho, the model is now done.

DSC_0741_3.jpg

DSC_0742_3.jpg

DSC_0744_3.jpg

• 3 months later...