CD48108 - RCAF & RAAF BAe Hawk

CD48108 will be the first sheet in a series of Hawk decals I will be doing - it will cover RCAF CT-155 Hawks and RAAF Hawk 127 trainers.

Kursad,

Another bit of great news to go with your Aussie Mirages Part 2. Cannot wait again for these as the new schemes have received little love.

Cheers,

Ken

• 6 months later...

I decided to move this sheet up a bit in the release queue - I will be wrapping up the design today and send it to be printed, to be released as part of my August releases.

It will have options for Australian (both the original and new high-contrast scheme, with appropriate color markings for each), Canadian (both standard and new 419 Sqn retro Lancaster scheme), and Saudi Arabian Hawks. It looks like Indian markings may also fit in there - we will see when I am done with laying out everything in a couple of hours.

The profile below is a draft - not all of the stencilling is there.

hawkprofile.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Finally done - I had to remove the Saudi option once I realized how much variation there was in the stencilling required for these options. There was no way I could fit all of them on the same sheet.

Two RAAF and two RCAF options on this sheet. Now that I have the base drawings and stencilling artwork for Hawks, I am sure I can quickly do follow-on sheets with markings with other users quickly.

Coming in early August.

cd48108promo.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if this sheet is still being planned on being released. I haven't heard any updates about it recently and I really want to get two sheets in 1/72 especially to build the 419 Sqn retro Lancaster scheme.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by cf18hornet

Just wondering if this sheet is still being planned on being released. I haven't heard any updates about it recently and I really want to get two sheets in 1/72 especially to build the 419 Sqn retro Lancaster scheme.

Thanks

Mark

I released this 1/48 scale sheet in September and it has been shipping since September 17.  

CD48108 - RAAF & RCAF Hawks

I have not announced a 1/72 version of it yet - I will announce it here when it is ready.

Edited by KursadA
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, r0t0rdr1ver said:

Kursad, PLEASE do these in 1/32!

Another vote for 32nd scale....even if it is a limited release and a one-time print.

I don't know. guys - 1/32 is hard enough even with US subjects. It sounds like a good idea though, and why waste a perfectly good design on a single scale? I will think about it for later in the year once I am done with a few time consuming projects I have in the works right now.

On 5/5/2017 at 6:56 PM, phantom said:

I got my 1/32 sheet from Canmilair. Not cheap, but very nice.

I see Vic Scheuerman over on HS used the Canmilair 1/72nd versions and did not like them at all. He had to do some work arounds to finish his model.

Edited by skyhawk174
On 5/5/2017 at 2:33 PM, KursadA said:

I don't know. guys - 1/32 is hard enough even with US subjects. It sounds like a good idea though, and why waste a perfectly good design on a single scale? I will think about it for later in the year once I am done with a few time consuming projects I have in the works right now.

Okay not wanting to hijack this thread too much but it is good of you to at least consider the larger scale Kursad. Hey at least there is a kit available. Maybe an idea would be to combine a couple of different subjects on the sheet to perhaps make it more worthwhile? Say the CAF Hawk and a T-6 Texan or a T-28 scheme that you were not able to include on your other sheets?