HomeBe

1:48 - MiG-25RBT "Foxbat-B" by ICM - released

305 posts in this topic

Well, given that AMK is releasing at least two Foxbat variants, I'm not that excited about an ICM release. It will be interesting to compare the two.

Geeeezz...all these new MiG-25 kits coming out (AMK) and I'm over here busting out an old Revell kit.

Wow, I'm pretty excited! I hope they downscale it to 1/72, though, I'm running out of display space. I remember when Condor announced a 1/72 RB Foxbat...over 10 years ago.

Wow, I'm pretty excited! I hope they downscale it to 1/72, though, I'm running out of display space. I remember when Condor announced a 1/72 RB Foxbat...over 10 years ago.

Yes for a 1:72 kit. Even in 1:72 a MiG-25 is a big kit.

Looks like I offloaded my Kitty Hawk kit right on time. I have not built an ICM kit. How are the newer releases?

How are the newer releases?

Their WW2 stuff are very nice according to what I've read.

I hope this won't effect AMK plans. State-of-the-art MiG-25 kit in 1/48 is something I am really looking forward to ...

I hope this won't effect AMK plans. State-of-the-art MiG-25 kit in 1/48 is something I am really looking forward to ...

ICM is pretty competent IMHO. All that matters to me is that the manufacturer, whoever it is, doesn't screw up the subject. I'm pretty confident ICM won't.

I am hoping that whichever version ICM produces, it is different from the two versions AMK are doing. However, the modeling Gods being fickle as they are, will mean that after not having ANY decent Foxbats in 48th, we will now have a plethora and probably of the same types. For me, unless the ICM kit is uniquely different from what AMK is doing, I will go with AMK.

Rick

Great news.

Based off the 31 I will grab several AMK kits regardless but I will get an RBT from ICM!

AMK are head and shoulders above the rest at this point. ICM may produce a good kit, but AMK will produce a GREAT kit.

If ICM is doing the RBT specifically, that leaves a number of other RB versions open for AMK.

If not, AMK can still concentrate on the interceptor and BM. Personally I would prefer they do the RB as well, as the BM gets them 90% there anyway.

And jeez, how many companies make F-16s and Bf109s?? There is room for more than one. Let the market decide!

Edited by punder

AMK are head and shoulders above the rest at this point.

That's an opinion, not a fact. And I'm thankful that the "rest" exists because I'd be miserable otherwise.

Martin,comforting words, when can we expect cads for MiG-25?

Hi. Not sure to be honest. I am waiting on a reply from HQ.

I am itching to tell you what’s going on but I really can’t. I am sure you understand. Don’t worry though, everything is under control.

I can tell you that we have some options ongoing and several of those is parked on a ramp somewhere.

:woot.gif:

That's an opinion, not a fact. And I'm thankful that the "rest" exists because I'd be miserable otherwise.

True, just my humble opinion. But in addition to seeing their products, I've had some interaction with these guys and they are superb.

In future, just assume that whatever I post is my opinion and not etched in stone. :)

I echo those sentiments as well. I have a copy of each of the kits they've released to date and each is well worth the $$$ in my not so humble opinion. In addition, all the contact I've had with AMK (admittedly mostly Martin, who is top notch in my book) has been excellent, responsive and timely. So all I can say is that my opinion is also that they are head and shoulders above the rest. Others may equal AMK, but I can't imagine a company that can best them. Unless of course one of those said companies can share with me the winning Powerball numbers, so that I might then invest in said company after I win the $500 mil! Now to bring this back on topic and try not to completely hijack the thread, I am an unabashed AMK fanboy, who does have room both in his heart, wallet and stash for other great kits by other makers. So I say bring it on ICM, show us the Foxbat!

Rick

True, just my humble opinion. But in addition to seeing their products, I've had some interaction with these guys and they are superb.

In future, just assume that whatever I post is my opinion and not etched in stone. :)/>/>

Edited by madmanrick

I also want to say that I was absolutely blown away with the AMK MiG-31. I have not had a kit have quite the same affect on me. The kinetic Su-33 is close and it is an excellent kit.

Mike

Edited by Wayfarer 30

I contacted ICM via their Facebook page today and asked about the forthcoming RBT Foxbat kit. Couldn't get anything more than "be patient and wait for the 2016 catalogue" :)

As the announced RBT is showing as "3rd quarter release" at the moment I suspect, given the inevitable delays that can creep into production of kits, that AMK may well beat everyone else to the punch so to speak with a range of RB Foxbat kits??

Edited by azzaob

In addition, all the contact I've had with AMK (admittedly mostly Martin, who is top notch in my book) has been excellent, responsive and timely.

Rick

Thanks Rick, cheque is in the post .... :)