ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

1:48 - MiG-25RBT "Foxbat-B" by ICM - released

On 1/22/2017 at 7:42 AM, ya-gabor said:

Never had an itch for the recon version, still payed just as much attention to them in the past decades when they came up simply because they were there and often you get only one chance in life to get up close to it.

In the past years had a closer look at the recon versions and have to say that they are just as fascinating, especially the fact that there are so many versions of it. Not only the main R, RB, RBK, RBF, RBV. . .  but also with in the variants basically there are no two identical ones! The versions within the versions depended on a lot of things including the year of manufacture, the number of Buletin conversion works carried out on them, the original airframe from which the particular conversion was made, the task and the destination state they were intended/manufactured for . . .

Best regards

Gabor  

I feel exactly the opposite from you. I have absolutely ZERO interest in non-recce aircraft, UNLESS they are/were flown by Thailand.

That being said, my friend & I have two of the ICM kits on order from the Ukraine. Hope they make it to Florida safely. :pray:

Larry 

So I've heard(read) of modelers ordering this kit from retailers in the Ukraine, for a lot less than CONUS. Does anyone have a link to these outlets?

I hope this request isn't somehow taboo, just looking for a good deal.

Thanks,

Scott

Does anyone know if there will be aftermarket landing gears for the ICM 1:48 Mig-25 rbt?  From the built up photos that I found in the web, the "stance" of the aircraft was not really right, looks like the aircraft sits a bit too tall and floating on three wheels. (not sure how to describe it).  I think the aircraft should be more lower to the ground and at a very shallow upward angle (from tail to nose).  Of course I understand this can depend on how much fuel it carries.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

From the built up photos that I found in the web, the "stance" of the aircraft was not really right, looks like the aircraft sits a bit too tall and floating on three wheels. (not sure how to describe it).  I think the aircraft should be more lower to the ground and at a very shallow upward angle (from tail to nose).  Of course I understand this can depend on how much fuel it carries.

It's not the first time this question is raised. It happened with the Eduard Mirage IIIC also. I think it's related to reference material misinterpretation by the designer. If landing gear technical drawings were used it's likely that in these the gear isn't represented weighed but rather extended.