1:48 - MiG-25RBT "Foxbat-B" by ICM - released

Yes, as far as it is visible form the sprus there are no pylons. The underwing pylon attachment points had a cover and in operations they were seen in most cases. Of course the pylons were present for any bomber mission. Well one will need aftermarket for that. Have to add that it will have a lot of parts with the MERS and the bombs.

One more photo from today. It shows the instrument panel and the brake shute cover. It has all the details that were not made by KH on their kit. 

Best regards

Gabor

ICM 25 3.jpg

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Received my copy today. Lovely crisp moulding and surface detail (difficult to see in the photos).

Recommended for sure. Clear instructions and nice decals too. 

Part C-18, the photo sensor tray, could have done with see-through portholes and some interior gizmos, but the clear lenses provided mean it's possible to open up the apertures. An Aires Aerobonus drop-in resin tray would be handy. 

Tony 

3 hours ago, musangpulut said:

Does RB version can be build OOB from this kit?

Yes, RB is only possible OOB version because ICM made a little mistake - they used a real plane which exposed in the Ukranian national aviation museum as a reference for kit, and that plane is EARLY RB version ! You just need to cut the upper air intake panels to get early R/RB type of intakes.

19 hours ago, Jumbomechanic said:

Yes, RB is only possible OOB version because ICM made a little mistake - they used a real plane which exposed in the Ukranian national aviation museum as a reference for kit, and that plane is EARLY RB version ! You just need to cut the upper air intake panels to get early R/RB type of intakes.

Super info! Thanks!

19 hours ago, Jumbomechanic said:

Wait a second. The nose included in the kit is RB, not RBT, then?

Thank you, that is what i thought. I never noticed it when the CAD's were shown, but looked into it after your post how the model is RB and not RBT and noted the lack of the RBT bulges. That is a shame ICM kinda screwed it up. But as you say - easy to correct it into a true RB by shortening the intake lip.

Those small RB bulges - are they found on all RB's or just the early ones?

So...  what's the story with the bomber variant?  Is ICM going to release something down the road or are we going to be dependent on aftermarket stuff coming to rescue.   I'm really interested in that version.  Something pretty cool about a Mach 2.5 aircraft dropping iron bombs from 60,000 ft.  

MiG-25RB can carry bombs, meaning if you modify the intakes and maybe depending on the frame those small bumps, you can attach bombs. In fact if i am not mistaken all RB(X) series could carry bombs.

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

So...  what's the story with the bomber variant?  Is ICM going to release something down the road or are we going to be dependent on aftermarket stuff coming to rescue.   I'm really interested in that version.  Something pretty cool about a Mach 2.5 aircraft dropping iron bombs from 60,000 ft.  

I don't think that dropping bombs can or should ever be considered "cool", Mach 2.5 or not.

36 minutes ago, JeffreyK said:

I don't think that dropping bombs can or should ever be considered "cool", Mach 2.5 or not.

Wut?   Wonder why you see so much interest in B-17's, B-52's, B-1's in this forum and so little in models of civilian jetliners?  Must be the pretty paint schemes.  

3 hours ago, JeffreyK said:

Jeffrey, while I completely agree with you when it comes to dropping bombs in anger, I just have to say one of the most awesome things I did in the AF was direct Warthogs onto static hulks. Watching that 30mm gun open up a T62 like it was a tin can, was pretty incredible! Also, watching Mavericks obliterate hulks was even more so. Thankfully, I was never asked to do it for "real," although I spent 6 years waiting and preparing for the moment. I can only imagine that if I had been asked to do it in anger, training would have kicked in and we would have done what was needed, even if it was no longer "awesome."

7 hours ago, Berkut said:

Those small RB bulges - are they found on all RB's or just the early ones?

As I understood two little bulges are evidences of installed early DISS-3 system, one big "beard" fairing mean DISS-7, any numbers of RB and RBV were upgraded to RBT version including DISS-7 installation, therefore two bulges were on all early RB, and probably on RBV. Anyway I've never seen pics dated later than 1970s years of recon MiG-25 versions, except two museum MiGs (Kiev and Moscow), equipped by DISS-3... 

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'm not so close to the ICM managers, but as I heard from my Ukrainian friends ICM going to release others recon MiG-25 versions, even with weapons. I don't know exactly which one, and when... Just wait a few months and anyway either will be available - aftermarket or new ICM kit :-)