U.S. Army UH-72A Lakota Medevac WIP

Thanks Ray and Chuck!

Chuck, yes, Revell will release this year their UH-72A, but with the standard configuration, not the medevac.

BTW, i will have to scratchbuild some of the medevac gear as the ones of the werner wings came all broken and bended.

Rod.

Thanks Ray and Chuck!

Chuck, yes, Revell will release this year their UH-72A, but with the standard configuration, not the medevac.

BTW, i will have to scratchbuild some of the medevac gear as the ones of the werner wings came all broken and bended.

Rod.

You should contact me. Some things I have extra of. This is looking awesome too

Floyd

Thanks Floyd, i know you can help me, but i dont want to bother you.

The things that came broken were the stretchers, thats all. I may try to fix them, if not i will contact you.

Thanks again!

Thank you my friend!

Rod.

Guys, does anyone have photos of the folded seats the lakota has in the back of the pilot seats? I would like to see the structure and how are they attached.

Thanks.

Rod.

Rod,

I made a 72 Album on Facebook that should have everything you need to build this bird form scratch. These should help with the seats. This bird was brand spanking new at Flatiron in 2009 when I photographed her.

Ray

12828306_10153931611729098_8376978793394289902_o.jpg

10272635_10153931611254098_7684633318383439309_o.jpg

Hi guys,

Ive closed the fuselage halves and started adding the medevac gear plus the folded seats, i glued some exterior pieces too, so as some photoetch pieces.

The lateral windows are made with acetate and the frame with evergreen thin sheet, the ones that comes with the kit are too bubble type and the lakota ones are a bit flat.

I polarized the windshield upper section as the real one has it. I used tamiya smoke and sealed with future.

Heres how im doing.

Hope everyone likes it.

Rod.

DSC09696_zpsn7ib23kw.jpg

DSC09698_zpsyutfhhde.jpg

DSC09705_zpsuftpclqr.jpg

DSC09709_zpsdwyiomdl.jpg

DSC09706_zps5qlxoiqr.jpg

DSC09701_zps05eas7ur.jpg

DSC09708_zps9gum8ntk.jpg

DSC09711_zpsbncq0n1t.jpg

Thank you guys.

Well, the windows wer first put in place and then sealed with ca glue in the edges, then i sanded the edges and stared putting the window frames. I first cut the strips with the x acto and then started gluing them with ca glue in parts (if the strip is more thinner it will be more easily to bend in the corners) then when all was glued i sanded it with 600 sand paper and later with 1200 sand paper, then i polish it with tamiya compound and sealed it with future.

Rod.

Edited by salvador001