Hi!! this year I would like to build a 1/48 Fokker D VII from Roden, I already have the kit; now, the problem that I have is with the lozenge, I have read some articles, blogs and how to, but still do not get it. regarding decals what would be my best option taking in account that I maybe will do 3 WWI planes at the most. what are the best decals on the market, and by best I mean trouble free.

Thanks and Happy Modeling

Byron :thumbsup:/>

Hi!! this year I would like to build a 1/48 Fokker D VII from Roden, I already have the kit; now, the problem that I have is with the lozenge, I have read some articles, blogs and how to, but still do not get it. regarding decals what would be my best option taking in account that I maybe will do 3 WWI planes at the most. what are the best decals on the market, and by best I mean trouble free.

Thanks and Happy Modeling

Byron :thumbsup:/>/>

FWIW, I consider Aviattic the best for lozenge. They come in quite a variety, faded, or non-faded. Whole sheets of bolts or fitted for the model. They are mighty thin to allow for some pre-shading, and the service from the UK was fast.

http://www.aviattic.co.uk/148-fokker-dvii.html

Cheers, Tony

• 1 month later...

Keep in mind that many (most?) D.VII's had the upper lozenge overcoated with a brownish glaze. Here's how I tried to replicate this. Used a dilute brown sprayed over the WNW lozenge.

IMG_6040_zps09921902.jpg

That looks great, I have got to get some of these decals.

Quick question. I have the Dragon kit and a P.E. set for the Rhoden kit. Would they be compatible?