CD32019 - T-28B/D Trojan

A 1/32 T-28 Trojan sheet has been in the works for a while, and it is time to assign a product number now that the kit is imminent. It should be available soon after the general availability of the kit, since I need to check the fit of some tail markings against the actual plastic.

Well, this scheme isn't in the box anymore:

72037.jpg

Yet, I do have it in 1/48th scale for the Roden kit. Hopefully, I will see these schemes in an aftermarket sheet:

verebely-SocTrang207-craft-550.jpg

1st Air Commando

How I love Thais...

1195218.jpg

cocolisoo_1-a2image005.jpg

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Thanks for the suggestions, folks - much appreciated. One Laotian T-28 and the sharkmouth T-28C have already been drawn; as well as several other USAF/Navy/Marines options. I will share some profiles later this week, after I ship the preorders for this month's releases.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I have read, no sharkmouth markings in the initial boxing because those markings were on a T-28C and the first issue is a T-28B/D. I am hoping for those markings too as it sure makes the scheme :thumbsup:

I really have to go do some research on the differences between the T-28B and the T-28C. I think it has to do with the size of the tail and the cowl?

Have not bought a 1/32nd kit in awhile. My last one was the Academy F-18A. The Trojan should be ok since it is not a big aircraft to begin with.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions, folks - much appreciated. One Laotian T-28 and the sharkmouth T-28C have already been drawn; as well as several other USAF/Navy/Marines options. I will share some profiles later this week, after I ship the preorders for this month's releases.

Hi Kursad,

Any updates or profiles ready for this one?

Thanks,

-Derek

I will post some profiles later week after I clear the shipping backlog for this month's releases. Most of the options are various trainer schemes, with a few Vietnam War-era options thrown in. There is such a variety of schemes for the T-28 that a second sheet may be a possibility.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about not being able to share much about this project yet - there are still a few preorders that I need to ship. As soon as I am done, I am returning to finishing profiles with a vengeance.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to see an all Yellow airplane with green bands of ATU-801, NAS Kingsville 1954. I am going to be building one because my father flew them in that squadron. The original Navy T-28Bs were delivered from the factory with the yellow paint scheme. My father said at the time the airplanes had a "new car" smell to them because they were so freshly delivered from the factory.

Can someone cough up the name of the company that used T-28s for fighter sim? You and a friend would fly against each other in T-28s outfitted with low-power lasers covered with light sensors. Based near Conroe, Tx IIRC. I believe they folded because of a couple of catastrophic airframe failures.

Never mind, they were T-34s. Back to your regularly scheduled Caracal programming.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2016 at 3:17 AM, wrbrdmech said:

Not to keep bugging but is this sheet still planned for release?

Please be patient, it is on the way.

Edited by KursadA
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Kursad,

Just wanted to check the status of this sheet.  Will it be released with your first new batch of 2017?

I am looking forward to this one as I just picked up the kit :)

-Derek