In Flight Mosquito FINISHED

1/48 Tamiya FB Mosquito. OOB kit with Prop-Blurs in place of the kit props for the in-flight look.

Goods: Great kit. Wheel well doors fit well in the UP position. It's a Tamiya kit, not much to say other than just a fantastic kit. Glad I have 3-4 more in the stash.

Others: Always one to self-critique my own builds; I missed painting two canopy rails, and I put some of the Prop-Blurs in the wrong direction but found out too late.

Overall....I just love the Mosquito, one of....if not my fav aircraft. This is going to look great in my office.

Questions and comments welcome...apologize for the bad pics in my makeshift camera bay.

Cheers

Collin

DSCN6869.jpg

DSCN6881.jpg

DSCN6852.jpg

DSCN6862.jpg

DSCN6850.jpg

DSCN6883.jpg

DSCN6873.jpg

DSCN6889.jpg

DSCN6886.jpg

DSCN6884.jpg

Looks fabulous 271.gif !

Were those props easy to work with?

Prop Blur: They are delicate PE for sure, but they are fairly easy to work with. I measured out the length of the props with the kit part, then using the spare (non paddle) blade props in the kit cut off the prop blades themselves, cut a slot in each of the three remaining stubs to accept the Prop Blur PE, then glued that into the back part of the propeller assembly (as per the kit instructions). I painted them in tire black and airbrushed the yellow tips to keep the "blur" effect.

Cheers

Collin