Trumpeter Seahawk 100/101

Hi all, been a long while since I started a build on here. I got this from Flanker27 during the Great Christmas Raffle on here. For this kit I didn't start with the cockpit. I started with the main landing gear wells. I am also going to open up the gun troughs because on the kit they are just dents. For it being such a recent kit some parts need some work to look presentable. The intakes for instance, a lot of work to clean up. Not sure the markings I am going to do, but I am leaning towards a Netherlands Navy plane if I can get the decals.

All comments are welcome.

Wayne

DSCF5386_zpstkr4qfmw.jpg

DSCF5385_zpsechrgr2p.jpg

DSCF5389_zpsakwvbfo1.jpg

DSCF5387_zps5bl29vhp.jpg

painted the main landing gear bay. I am using Vallejo paints for the whole kit and the new Vallejo metal paints for the landing gear bays. I painted it using the Dark Aluminum. The landing gear bay is just dry fitted against the bottom fuselage.

All comments welcome

Wayne

DSCF5396_zpskhamdwlo.jpg

DSCF5404_zps0jlu2dad.jpg

DSCF5403_zpsfmyymqv0.jpg

Hi Quiddy,

I've got one of these half built, couple of things worth looking into -

Break the build process down a bit funny. attach the flying surfaces to the wings before you glue the wings together, You'll get a much better fit unless you're installing them drooped.

Build the tail section up and glue it to the top half of the fuselage. Attach the bottom of the fuselage afterwards.

It all helps beat gaps!

Cheers,

Simon

Thanks for the advice. I have the tail section together already. Still haven't even looked at the cockpit yet. Opening up the gun ports right now.

Wayne

Hi Quiddy,

I've got one of these half built, couple of things worth looking into -

Break the build process down a bit funny. attach the flying surfaces to the wings before you glue the wings together, You'll get a much better fit unless you're installing them drooped.

Build the tail section up and glue it to the top half of the fuselage. Attach the bottom of the fuselage afterwards.

It all helps beat gaps!

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by Quiddy
  • 1 month later...

I have the fuselage together. Not sure if it was my fault but I had a nice size trench to fill between the upper and lower front fuselage section. Fix it with some Superglue as filler. Next comes the wings. I am not putting any rockets on this one. All comments are welcome.

Wayne

DSCF5420_zpswactmmco.jpg

DSCF5421_zpsn4slxgsa.jpg

DSCF5422_zpsipv7dzvz.jpg

• 9 months later...