Try the concentrated Simple Green cleaner that they sell in Ace and similar places. It is not super quick but won't damage the plastic, and can be reused once the sludge has settled. if you put the model in a zip loc bag, then pour in the simple green, leave it for a day, then use a toothbrush to gently scrub the old paint away.

Les

Hey ratastat, Awhile back, I wanted to strip the paint from a 1/144 F-toys F-106. I tried the Simple Green method, and the Simple Green didn't even make the paint sticky. I let the parts sit in fully concentrated Simple Green for 48 hrs. It was as if I put the parts in water. I tried Castrol Super Clean(eventually fully concentrated), and it didn't even start to remove the paint. I tried denatured alcohol and anything and everything that I knew wouldn't craze the plastic. I even rubbed the paint with a little bit of paint thinner and lacquer thinner, but neither of those touched the paint. Then, I noticed a bottle of Rain-X on my work bench in the garage. BINGO!!! The Rain-X took the paint right off, AND it didn't have any effect on the plastic. I soaked the parts for about 15 minutes in the Rain-X, and the paint came right off. I used a toothbrush to get into the corners and tight spots. One thing that I did was cut off a piece of sprue, and make sure that whatever solution I was using had no effect on the plastic. Good Luck!!!

Depending on how your finances are Testors' ELO works great, or Mr. Color Thinner works great as well however, with Mr. Color more material is needed , paper towels, to drape over the subject and the soak them while over the subject...do this outside or in a very well ventilated area...the odors are rather strong. With ELO you just brush on a coat , let it sit for 10-15 min and brush it around with an old unwanted paint brush and off goes the old coat of paint.