The Meng 1/72 F-106A is now out!

Great news

I'm veeery tempted...

Be not tempted... Wether you love the F-106 or not, if you love 1/72nd scale modeling just get yourself one.

I saw the parts in Telford, I sure don't know how it builds but this is (one of?) the finest 1/72nd scale model engineering I ever saw.

Mine were on pre-order (2 kits), I feared the long délaying of say both the 1/72nd scale Wolfpack-D T-2C Buckeye or Platz Mistubishi T-2/F-1 (also extremelly beutiful kits by the way) but this time model seems to be on time.. Great effort by Meng.

Regards

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.

as a Russian plane modeller,in MENG's new conference,I won a box of F-106,no need :deadhorse1:/>

I'm sure plenty of people here would gladly take it off your hands. :)

Cheers,

Andre

More sprue shots as well as photos of the resin sets and marking options. http://www.moxdao.com/thread-11296-1-1.html

I like the resin, but one nit-noi is they screwed up on the seat. They include the parachute pack but not the harness (shoulder, chest, and leg straps) for it. They also have an extra set of straps in there that didn't exist, (the ones running up to the outside of headrest); those are actually the shoulder harness straps, which they've already provided in a draped position. I would have rather seen them do the seat without the chute, which would have saved them all of that trouble; although, given how often the Six sat alert the parachute left in the seat was common. In any event, it looks like a spectacular kit, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

EDIT for P.S. Extremely cool that they include the Rube Goldberg supersonic ejection seat too.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Jennings,

I doubt if anybody actually has one yet. I and my modeling buddy placed advanced orders with three different far eastern hobby shops. I have received a shipping notice from only one of them and the other two still show as a future release. The shipping notice said it was shipped on Friday, the 15th. Might see it late this week or early next week.

Norm