72nd HS-1L, new by Muroc Models

Hello,

Muroc Models has just finished a 1/72 scale kit of the Curtis HS-1L. This was a submarine patrol flying boat used in America and France during 1918. The completed model has a 10 inch wingspan and a length of 6 inches. ALPS-printed decals shown in the test build are included with the kit. The kit is $76 plus postage. A kit of the HS-2L will follow before much longer.

K20D6737a.jpg

K20D6745a.jpg

K20D6821a.jpg

K20D6777a.jpg

K20D6825a.jpg

K20D6827a.jpg

The aircraft was powered by a V-12 Liberty engine. Roden was kind enough to supply me with a number of trees for the Liberty engine from their injected H-16 kit. A special thank you to Olga Ustinova, Sales and Marketing Manager of Roden ltd.

Here are some of the main parts. I can post photos of the smaller parts if there is interest. The ivory card stock on the right can be cut out and folded into jigs to align the wings.

Most of the rigging in the test build was added using straightened 0.007 inch steal wire (not included in the kit).

I can be contacted at newmanispwest at yahoo.com. Only a few sets are available currently, but more will be available over the next few weeks.

Thank You,

David

Muroc Models

Edited by Muroc
update photo links