"Tell my wife I love her very much!"

"She knows... Ground control to Major Tom, your circuit's dead, there's something wrong! Can you hear me, Major Tom? Can you hear me, Major Tom..."

Still crying. Devastating. His music has been and always will be important to me. Can't describe it, don't want to, if you understand you understand, but... never met him but I'm gonna miss him.

His music has been part of the soundtrack of my life for as long as I can remember.

The recordings will serve to remind me but I'll miss thinking of him in the present tense as a creative force.

Never met him.

Never saw him perform live.

Loved everything his output brought into my days.

Same here, and couldn't put it better. All through the '70s, '80s and '90s (didn't really get his '60s stuff), he always had something worth listening to, and watching! Hopefully not goodbye, but au revoir!

Major Tom, NOOOO!!!!

I can't believe this.... I really liked a lot of Bowie's music. He collaborated with the greats, at ahem different depths... Freddie Mercury, Mick Jagger..

I'm really going to miss David Bowie.

Edited by Exhausted

As a friend just pointed out... we're all remembering him. Our kids know about him, and their kids will learn... so he will live as long as humanity does. I feel privileged to have lived at the same time as he did, that I got to see him, even if in the later stages (when he was no less brilliant than earlier)... but just... yeah.

Edited by Litvyak

It's been a very sad day. I am heartbroken at his passing--he was one of the first great artists I heard when I began to explore pop music on my own back in the early 70s--but I am also enriched and enlightened forever by his legacy, and that is a cause for celebration.

Also. . . loved his acting. I especially remember his small turn as Nicola Teslas in "The Prestige". Understated yet brilliant!

RIP

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Ground control to Major Tom, please come home David's gone....he attracted a whole new following when he did "Fame", it was cool to watch him evolve over the years. Godspeed and RIP David, you will me missed. Gotta drag out my labyrinth DVD and enjoy it all over again.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Natalie, Lemmy and now David.

It always seems like the end of the year and the beginning of the next always brings them home.

Is it always in threes or is that just me?

Bowie was a musical Magician. He could do it all.

Jazz, funk, pop, punk, new wave, rock, metal, name it.

Hell, I even saw him sing White Christmas with Bing effing Crosby.

I'll miss you Ziggy, because you know, Ziggy Played Guitar....

And Lemmy, was just Lemmy. you got what you came for.

Never disappointed. ev-er.

Natalie? Didn't know her. didn't listen to her. I understand she was quite talented.

Had some problems, but then, don't we all?

Jester

With songs including "Starman," "Space Oddity," "Life on Mars?" and "Hallo Spaceboy," it’s clear the cosmos was a great inspiration to David Bowie. Belgian radio station Studio Brussels and MIRA Public Observatory have come up with a clever and appropriate tribute to Bowie by registering a constellation to honor him, recorded at the time of his death. It is delineated by seven stars that shine in the shape of the iconic lightning bolt seen on the cover of his Aladdin Sane album.

stardustforbowie.be

bowie-design.jpg

bowie-constellation.jpg

bowie-lightning-bolt.jpg