Hasegawa F/A-18D VMFA(AW)-225

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've been active on any forums, but I've gotten back into the game lately and figured I'd share my latest work, Hasegawa's 'D' model legacy Hornet. It's finished with decals from Twobobs' and weapons stolen from an old Tamiya F-16 build. I won't post all the pictures here, but if you're interested in the WIP photos and the full finished build album, it can be found here.

IMG_2733-L.jpg

IMG_2729-L.jpg

IMG_2752-L.jpg

IMG_2747-L.jpg

I appreciate all your comments and critiques, it's the only way to get better. Thanks for looking!

Jimmy, is there any place that you're not? :D/>

You really do. I'd like to see what you could pull off with a Hasegawa/Hobby Boss Hornet.

I'm everywhere. Somehow I managed a typo in my screen name here...haha...it annoys me, but you can generally recognize me from my ego driven giant banner below lol

I grabbed a Super Hornet at our show last April. I meant to get to it last year, but that didn't happen...maybe this year :D Here's hoping!

Beautiful Hornet Bryce! Love the not-overdone weathering, especially on the wings. Unique markings too!

I actually wondered why there was an "n" before the "m"s in your SN here. Mystery solved!

Thanks! You know, the wings are actually my least favorite part of the weathering here. I feel like I really over-did the streaking. I was hoping it would tone down after the flat coat, but it really didn't.

Yeah I really don't know how that happened. I wasn't drinking I swear. Haha.

Did you use oil paint for the wing streaking? I've seen some very heavily streaked Hornets, so I don't know that it's wrong, but I think they could have been worked in a little more.

Yeah I really don't know how that happened. I wasn't drinking I swear. Haha.

Did you use oil paint for the wing streaking? I've seen some very heavily streaked Hornets, so I don't know that it's wrong, but I think they could have been worked in a little more.

Mig's streaking grime. I mean I've seen some beat up Hornets, I just feel, for as clean as the rest of the jet is, minus the fuel tanks, the streaks are too stark. Maybe not even too stark, just too many leaks.