1/72 Mirage 2000C

I did some postshading with lighter shades of the main colors. The picture does not do it justice.

I also decidded to rescribe the centerline fuel tank, which was then preshaded, painted and postshaded.

Mirage_25.jpg

That brush-like tool is a silicone shaper. Instead of bristles or hairs, it has a solid silicone tip in various shapes. I only had a quick sanding over the Milliput to blend it in

I bought the No.0 and No.2 size sets here, but after my first experiences with the tools, I feel that the white tips are rather soft. Next time I would get the black ones: http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/19-sculpting-tools

I am sure there are comparable shops in New Zealand, too. If that fails, try Ebay.

Edited by Lancer512

Spend the better half of the day decaling. Had a big dispute with the Daco decals, as none of my setting solutions would work. I ended up applying brand new Microsol more than 5 times in order to get it to work somehow. The decals never really wrinkled. Reminds me of the old stubborn 1990s Revell decals.

After most of the decals were applied, the model was treated with a clay wash. This was then sealed in with Tamiya XF-86 flat clear.

Mirage_27.jpg

Mirage_28.jpg

Edited by Lancer512

I thought I could finish it today, but when installing the landing gear, I noticed that the main gear actuators are about 1.5mm (1/16") too short. This results in a funny looking angle of the main gear legs.

I've simply cut off the plastic parts and inserted stainless steel tubing instead.

Mirage_29.jpg