Hello Guys,

Just started my Kinetic kit and it will become a Spangdahlem bird with Afterburner decals. This particular DJ has the Have Glass finish and I am going to have a try at it. Can I safely assume that the "hanging stuff" like pylons and tanks are in the regular colours and do not have the shiny finish?

Regards

Pierre

I've noticed in quite a few pictures that some drop tanks appear to be finished in 'Have Glass' as well. Pylons look to be just the standard finish.

Interesting picture here of a 'Have Glass' finished a/c fitted with a standard finish canopy, clearly shows the difference in appearance between the two.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/F-16D_480th_FS_taking_off_Bulgaria_2010.jpg

Just as Pete has already stated - yes, no, maybe. Pretty much any combination can be found.

According to USAF specification, a complete application of IR-reducing FMS-2026 topcoat not only comprises the actual airframe (="Alternate Mission Equipment"),

but also the 370 gallon external tanks including the 370 gallon tank pylons as well as the 300 gallon tank.

CONTRACTOR/DEPOT TASKS REQUIREMENTS:

COMPLIANCE DOCUMENTS

The Contractor shall comply with the following documents:

DOCUMENT NO. TITLE

16PR15601 rev F Have Glass Coating Application for Alternate Mission Equipment with FMS-2026 top coat

16P0371 Rev H F-16 370 & 300 gallon 16PR15601 Fuel Tank Have Glass II Coating

16S1340 Rev E F-16 Pylon Assembly, 16PR15601 Fuel Have Glass II Coating

The 370 gallon external tank P/N, 27-370-48260-13, shall be Have Glass painted per 16P0371-1 drawing specification. Stenciling requirements after painting are per applicable drawing.

The 300 gallon external tank P/N, 2-300-48150-6, shall be Have Glass painted per 16P0371-3 drawing specification. Stenciling requirements after painting are per applicable drawing.

The 370 gallon fuel pylon, P/N, 27-370-4983, shall be Have glass painted per 16S340 drawing specification. Stenciling requirements after painting are per applicable drawing.

Station 1/9 (wing tips) missile rails, station 2/8 missile rails/adapter and station 3/7 pylons did not receive an FMS-2026 "HAVE-GLASS II/Pacer Gem" topcoat.

Edited by Airfixer