Happy trails Hans Gruber

He always played a great bad guy. He played a great Sheriff of Nottingham in an otherwise so-so "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" movie.

He will be missed.

Don.

Lemmy Kilminster

David Bowie

Allan Rickman

All Brits who died in the last week. 69/70 years old, cancer. CANCER SUCKS.

Someone keep an eye on allthe other 69-year old Brits for us!

Edited by toadwbg

Not a player with a massive profile -maybe that's what endears his work to me! Some of his lesser-known things are worth seeking out, particularly his 'calling card' role in a 1982 BBC TV series Barchester Chronicles. This was a fine dramatisation of a couple of ripe 18th Century tales by Anthony Trollope (when he wasn't inventing the post box!). Also, he directed a beautiful, touching and funny movie called The Winter Guest (1997) -it's on disc, and I reckon it's a low-key jewel.

R.I.P. another serious talent.

Lemmy Kilminster

David Bowie

Allan Rickman

All Brits who died in the last week. 69/70 years old, cancer. CANCER SUCKS.

Someone keep an eye on allthe other 69-year old Brits for us!

Working around terminal pediatric patients I could give you a much longer list of much younger people to loose their lives to cancer in the past week. Yes cancer sucks.

I'll always see him as two people, the bad guy in "Quigley Down Under" and Hans Gruber, his continuing role as Prof Snape goes without saying he added so much to the series. Whatever role he played he put his signature on and no one else will be able to do it like it should be done. Godspeed and RIP eternally Mr. Rickman.