Early VF-1 F-14A scheme - decals available in 1/48?

So I did so many searches my eyes hurt. As the title says, looking for decals for that gloss grey over white scheme on the F-14A in 1/48th. Somewhere in the far reaches of my mind, I seem to recall seeing a sheet being released. Fightertown? I think there was one released by Superscale many moons ago. Thanks.

I love the Gull Gray over White Hi-Viz schemes from the 70's and 80's. My favorite being the VF-84 Jolly Rogers from that time period. Good luck in your search!

Btw, have you looked at TwoBob's? HTH, just my $.02 worth.

Hey mate,

You're looking for Fightertown decals 48014, https://www.scalemates.com/kits/268148-fightertown-decals-48014-vf-1-wolfpack

Keep your eyes peeled on eBay and the forums. Monokio decals did these http://zedhobbies.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/review-monokio-f-14a-vf-1-wolfpack-148.html too.

Or if you can grab the Hasegawa kit (long out of production) with the decals, or ask nicely elsewhere you may be in luck. :-)

Best of luck man, Cheers

Definitely get a copy of Fightertown Decals 48014 or 48014R. Well worth the search. Here's a little hint - I just mailed a huge set of boxes to Sprue Brothers and I believe there were a few copies that had gotten buried in a box. The may have them on the site...

If not, they do pop up around for sale and beat the other options pretty soundly ;)

If you still don't have a set, I do have a sheet at print right now - Fightertown USA Part 2 that covers 1 jet from the 1st cruise. Should be out with next release or two in the first half of 2016.

hth,

brian

Definitely get a copy of Fightertown Decals 48014 or 48014R. Well worth the search. Here's a little hint - I just mailed a huge set of boxes to Sprue Brothers and I believe there were a few copies that had gotten buried in a box. The may have them on the site...

If not, they do pop up around for sale and beat the other options pretty soundly ;)/>

If you still don't have a set, I do have a sheet at print right now - Fightertown USA Part 2 that covers 1 jet from the 1st cruise. Should be out with next release or two in the first half of 2016.

hth,

brian

Thanks very much for the info Brian. I checked on line and yes Superscale did do that decal but it is OLD. Plus to tell the truth I would trust your sheet way more than any other :)

I know you have other VF-1 schemes in your line up but they are the overall grey ones. Yes they are nice but I sure love those old schemes.

Maybe I will wait until you release your sheet. Not as if I NEED to build my F-14 right now.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...