The Modern Eagle Guide, 2nd Edition

Since the first edition of The Modern Eagle Guide sold out a few years ago, I get constant questions about reprinting it. Rather than simply reprinting the first edition, I took this opportunity to increase the size and scope of the book, as well as correct a few mistakes and improve the printing and layout. The 2nd Edition is much larger than the first book, coming in at 204 pages and 1034 full-color images. About 75% of the images are all new, taken over the past two or three years. It gives greater coverage of the early jets, but also better coverage of the export jets such as the Korean, Saudi, and Singapore export Strike Eagles.

This is currently at the printers. I have the proofs in hand so I expect the completed books back here by late next month or early March. Retail cost will be $39.95. Like usual, it will be available at the Reid Air Publications website.

Before anyone asks, the Modern SLUF Guide was only barely affected by the Eagle Guide release and will go to the printers very shortly. It, too, is shaping up to be a huge book with about 180 pages and well over 1,000 images.

Thanks for all the support over the years, everyone. It's hard to believe it's been over seven years since I printed the first Modern Eagle Guide.

EagleGuide_cover1.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEditionTOC.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEdition42-43.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEdition146-147.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEdition82-83.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEdition94-95.jpg

TheModernEagleGuide2ndEdition122-123.jpg

Edited by jmel

Jake,

How do you feel - is there any value for a modeler (not a book collector) to keep the original edition if I plan to buy a new one as well? Is there anything in the original edition that you think could still be useful for someone who buys the new one?

Edited by Vodnik

Jake,

How do you feel - is there any value for a modeler (not a book collector) to keep the original edition if I plan to buy a new one as well? Is there anything in the original edition that you think could still be useful for someone who buys the new one?

That's a tough one. I would like to think that the new edition renders the 1st Edition obsolete and far inferior, but there may well be some images from the 1st edition that are useful, since most of the imagery in that book is not repeated in the 2nd Edition. I think you'll need to be the judge for yourself once you lay hands on the new copy.

will they be going up for pre-order?

Can we pre-order this new edition?

Possibly, but not yet. I want to have a very firm date as to when they'll be available, and I want that date to be fairly close. Right now, the best date I have is 26 FEB.

Excellent! Will have to get a copy if it's available here in the UK!

Like all of our books, they are available worldwide.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the enthusiasm! You guys that are waiting on The Modern SLUF Guide, hang in there. I know it keeps getting delayed, but I really want it to be as thorough as possible. There's really no reason to do a book that doesn't cover all A-7 versions, but that is a big challenge since the US stopped flying them nearly 25 years ago.

I'll be looking forward to more coverage of the foreign Strike Eagles. Those are most of the ones I want to build, and the coverage was somewhat thin in the first edition.

Cheers,

Hoops